Losing weight very fast?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been losing so much weight so fast. I’m also not eating or drinking much becouse I’m feeling like throwing up most of the time. I also have severe anxiety and emetophobia. I can barely fit in any of my clothes. What’s wrong with me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This has been going on for 4 weeks.
  • Posted

Has this happened to you before?  Is there anything in particular that is causing the anxiety besides fear of throwing up?  Do you have a particular trigger for the anxiety?  Our minds and bodies are closely connected and so it can be completely psychological or it could be something physical.  Without knowing more about you, its hard to say.  You should either talk to a doctor or a counsellor depending on what the cause may be.  On way to deal with anxiety that is very effective without using drugs is to do paced breathing.  In thru your nose to the count of 5, hold for 5 seconds and then out to the count of 5.  Even doing it a few times a day for 3 or 4 minutes has a calming impact on your adrenal system and respiration.  Good luck.
  • Posted

I know for me if I don't eat, or have something, even a slice of bread, I get nausea, stomach screaming for something, but I am not a Dr or even nurse, so I cannot explain the reason why, I just know it happens if I try to do without, or get caught out sometimes on a really busy day, stomach lets me know with vengeance.

?Sometime just have a spoon full of yoghurt, that will settle me until I get to some real food, because even though I mention bread above, it makes my arthirits flare, so avoid bread and gluten as much as possible.

?I also know for me eating an apple on an empty stomach is NOT A GOOD IDEA, I will be vomiting within in hour, but can manage stewed apple well.

• Posted

Eating less and feeling anxious will cause you to lose weight.  See your doctor for tests, diagnosis and reassurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.