Losing weight with Fibro and CFS

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since 2005. I've also had two children in that period of time. I have gained about 50lbs since 2005. I haven't been able to find an excercise that doesn't hurt or cause me to be bedridden for days or even weeks after. Has anyone been able to find a way to lose weight while also having fibromyalgia and CFS?? I would really like to get this weight off and I know it will make me feel a little better.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've lost three and a half stone with slimming world and kept it of. It is definetely doable.g for it xxx

• Posted

Well done you Alison, that's a fantastic achievement   smile

• Posted

Nice!! I am going to look that up. I am not familiar with it. I am going to check it up now. Everyone is giving such great advice!!

Thank you Alison!!

Jenn

xx

• Posted

Have you tried yoga? Or just walking? Stretching is good to. Iv never actually been dx with fibromyalgia but I know I have it. How does one go about getting your Dr to dx it? Im in US. Everytime I do anything out of ordinary im so sore i can barly walk etc. My upper back around scapula or shoulderblades where trigger points are are always touchy or as of rt now extreme pain level of a 6 on left triggers. Im always touchy.I alwzys have been one to sleep more than everyone else even as a teen. Now im dealing with early menopause (46) an depression and anxiety. I forget things sometimes an think am I getting dementia!! What all around symptoms have any of you had to be dx with fibromyalgia? Thanks. Oh iv been in medical field since 18 an know some about that area. Iv studied on magnesium and how some are low even on bloodtest. Magnesium can effect fibro as well as b vits, gut health (pro biotic). But stretching seems to reall "feel" good to me. Just some thoughts. Thanku an god bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.