Loss of appetite an rapid weight loss

Posted , 5 users are following.

In the last three months I have lost alot of weight unintentionally..not sure how much but I have dropped near3 dress sizes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Any other symptoms? I would see your doctor.
    • Posted

I can't eat proper right example Fri I had 2sausages an toast nothing then till sun morn I had 3 McDonald chicken nuggets iv had 2 bars of chocolate an that's it..my doc seems to think I'm fine tgat bloods came back normal

• Posted

I also was never that hungry compared to my friends and this is what I am trying to do..usually my main meal now is about 5pm..it used to be lunch I would eat but I did not feel hungry.

so I have porridge for breakfast.. then small snacks that I would enjoy every few hours ..may be a scrambled or poached egg, with a tiny bit of grated cheese.  Or a small plate of steamed veg, or a an avacado, or bowl of soup or maybe grilled mushrooms....I just to have a small snack now and again during the day.. it needs to be something you to make you look forward to it.. this is new experience for me..

now its tea time, somonce agsin now being a little more hungry, I might have a little chicken with a few new potatoes and various veg..luckily I love all veg.. I would then a small pastry and maybe some fruit with it...

i have only been doing this a little while, and I don’t think  it’s made me put on weight at the moment..hence the scan, but I am enjoying my food much more and it encouraging me to less rubbish.. tho I still treats a little chocolate most days... so I am not he,ping you probably but I am trying to make sure that I am eating slightly healthier food wherever possible..  once again good luck..I am on the same journey

• Posted

I would cut out processed foods and try to cook from fresh.  Eat little but often.
  • Posted

Yes me two while awaiting second bowel PRolapse repair, dr has arranged for a fast scan within two weeks mainly because of the loss of weight...actually after she requested the scan in the normal way, it was returned I think by the consultant saying it should be arranged in the two week period and I had to still go back to see a consultant to confirm this..it’s taken a bit longer naturally because of the Xmas break..scan tomorrow..then form says back to dr to get results in two weeks..still awaiting the Bowel repair, cancelled three times at the last minute..as no beds ..so you should see your dr  good luck..

I am not grumbling because I do understand the more urgent need for beds, and hopefully the scan will be ok..and if not I expect I will be seen fairly quickly

• Posted

Hi caroline 40795

Unexplained weight loss should always be investigated...make an appointment with your doc asap.......best widhes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.