Loss of Appetite and Exhaustion

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi -

Has anyone gone through a phase where they lost their appetite for a few days or when they ate or drank it made you gag?I feel like I haven't had an appetite for 3 days.Really weird as I am usually hungry. No other symptoms except for exhaustion. My appetite is coming back but it is worrying me especially after googling.

Thanks,

Marina

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, the same thing happened to me for a few days a couple of years ago!

• Posted

Yes I had loss of appetite, it really worried me, i did have gastitis in peri and i think the loss of appetite was a symptom, it is quite scary isnt it, to suddenly not feel like eating? My appetite did come back thankfully, the gastitis took some time to clear x

• Posted

I've never had a good appetite but the menopause has completely taken mine away so i really struggle to eat, its a daily battle and im so glad when iv eaten something. i eat little and often but even that makes me nauseas afterwards so i always suck on a sweet or mint after.

i feel very weak and tired so wish i eat properly. luckily your appetite is coming back, hope it continues and you feel better for it

• Posted

Thank you! I hope you get your appetite back too. We have to eat nutritiously but it is so hard, when all you can stomach is comfort food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.