Loss of appetite and not feeling any better?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. Hope this is okay to post here, I came across this forum after a google search. Around 3 weeks a go I was prescribed 20mg which I started straight away. I haven't really noticed any difference but mum has told me to give it another week before going back to the doctors. I was put on these after getting very worried about my health, I had stomach cramps and bloating and generally very panicky and struggling to breathe. After telling doctors I thought it was cancer they did plenty of blood tests however nothing was found apart from vitamin D and folic acid deficiency. In this past week especially I have no appetite whatsoever, is this a side effect? I am so worried that maybe they missed something and it's something more serious. I have also started to spot on my period but I am trying to tell myself they would of picked something else up if it was serious and maybe that is to do with the stress or medication? Thanks for your help xxx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Give the medication time to work, about another two weeks. You sound like you suffer from Anxiety, be patient.

If you are a Panic and Anxiety you may have a reduced appatite. Take your Folic Acid and vitD and if the problem with food is still around, talk to your GP

b.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, I had loss of appetite when I was on citalopram. I lived on complan and a slice of toast a day for a couple of weeks, and didn't even want that! It will ease though and your appetite will improve slowly, they say about 6-8 weeks to let the medication settle. Also if your worrying about your health a lot that will also affect your appetite.

Best wishes Sara xx

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, I felt sick and lost my appetite when I first started 10mg of Citalopram but it does get better and now I have a good appetite!! I used to worry about my health if I had headache etc but I've ignored it for weeks and it's stopped bothering me as the more you focus on something the bigger it gets so I don't feed it now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.