loss of appetite and weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have been on warfarin now for nearly 2 years,in the past couple of months I have been experiencing Loss of appetite and weight loss someone told me long term warfarin can cause it has anyone else experienced this.

L.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Nope sorry, not my experience. If you have lost more than half a stone in 4 weeks go to your GP
  • Posted

Hi Linda,

?I've been on Warfarin now over 7 years - probably a slight loss of appetite but no loss of weight. Well actually, I did, momentarily, loose some weight but then I'd had partial knee replacement surgery and was still full of toxins from anesthetic, I also lost about 5 kgs on account of the fact that I wasn't eating. However, once recovery was over and I'd returned to work my weight came back to its normal level and has been constant ever since.

?Out of curiosity - do you have problems with your INR levels, i.e. keeping in your target range or achieving your target INR.

John

• Posted

Hi John,

Thanks for you reply, my INR levels are good usually spot on, why do you ask?

Linda.

• Posted

Hi, I've been taking Warfarin since September 2011 and hasn't altered my weight or appetite.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.