Loss of appetite for a week but feel mostly fine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

28 yr old male here.

About two weeks ago i started getting these split second head spins. They would only last a second and happen about 2-3 times a day, with a small lump on top of my head which i had not noticed before. I went to the doctor and got the all clear that it was not anything too serious. He checked my chest and back, felt the lump on my head, my ears, temperature, blood pressure and blood sugar test, everything was normal. He said the lump was nothing and that the head spins were most likely down to my glasses and that I should get my eyes re-checked.

However a day or two later, after the split second head spins stopped, I got a really empty feeling in my stomach that did not pass for about 2-3 days, and since that passed, I have been feeling better and like my normal self, BUT I do not have an appetite and I don't get hungry. 

I only eat 1 meal a day and that's only because i know I need to eat. I don't get nauseous, I don't vomit, I don't feel sick, no constipation and no diarrhea. I've googled my symptoms and come up with nothing, If anything, googling has made me think i'm either pregnant (lol) or i have some form of cancer.

I've got a doctors appointment again tomorrow but i'd like to know before hand if anyone else has experienced anything like this before. Am i looking into this too much? Is one meal a day enough? What could it possibly be? It's driving me insane.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any pain?
    • Posted

No pain.

Just a little bit weak from only eating a meal a day. But fine apart from that

• Posted

See your doctor about the tiredness and lack of appetite even the head spinning sensation has gone.
  • Posted

Hi as huskayy, I think something is going on. You may have labyrinthitis which could explain the spinning sensation and stops you eaten due an in balance in your ears. Have you been able to drink liquid? Ask for some anti sickness medication and eat little and often if you can with ginger, which could help to settle your stomach. Good luck tell us how you get on with the doctor.
    • Posted

Hey sam!

Thanks for replying. 

The headspins have stopped now, its just a lack of appetite now. I feel 100% fine apart from the tiredness (which is pretty mild and not severe at all). but yeah, i don't know what else. I eat one meal a day, I can drink as much fluid as i want and I poop once a day as well. It's just such a change from how i was before that its got me worried it could be something more serious.

• Posted

Stress will stop you eating, eat what you want when you want and see your doctor or another one, just to check you've not got a underlying infection or anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.