Loss of appetite, gagging, fatigue, constantly going to the bathroom

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey!

As the title states, I have been going through a lot of issues! I will day that 3 weeks ago I was in the hospital for 7 days. I had my gallbladder removed AND pancreatitis. Well, ever since then I have been having major issues.

I can hardly eat ANYTHING unless it is broth, smoothies, etc and even then I will have straight Diahrrea. Food makes me sick no matter what I eat. Fruits, veggies, apple sauce, bread, rice, etc. I also tend to barely be able to eat without gagging. Like, the food makes me so sick to my stomach I gag. I have lost about 5 pounds in 3 weeks give or take.

I also poop al lthe time. I can hardly keep anything down. I am tired all the time, my hands and feet go numb and shake soemtimes, I get dizzy a lot, hot flashes all the time, my heart also palpitates randomly.

It is starting to interfere with my living and I would liek any input on what might be going on! I am a 26/f if that will help any!

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow, who said it was gall bladder issue?? I would be talking to a good doc after this. Also I hope u r taking pain pills. I am on pain pills and they work but we really need to get to the problem within our stomach. It's ashame that gastro docs and other people with these issues, can't find the problems!!????

• Posted

I assume your gallbladder was removed due to gallbladder colics or pancreatitis, stones blocking the duct? A real need.

Please search the internet for 'dumping symdrome' after gallbladder removal.

This seems to be unfortunately very common and can take 1 to 2 years to settle.

What's with the pancreatitis, is it gone? Was/is it acute or chronic?

Pancreatitis is nothing to play with,

this needs to be followed up please.

Depending on cause, you might have to fasten completely and only get iv liquids for a while, you want to settle the pancreatitis asap, IF it still existed. Maybe there are meds you take, that cause pancreatitis. Pls make sure the pancreatitis is under control.

All the best!

• Posted

This can happen after gallbladder removal sometime it is dumping syndrome but if it doesn't go away then you may have developed BAM bile acid malabsorption please look this up. This can be diagnosed via a sechat test and can be treated with bile binders most GP do not know anything about BAm so you may need tefferal back to gastro.

• Posted

Also there is a good group in fb search bile acid malabsorption.

I had my gb out last October I've had nothing but problems since, I also had hot flushes (I'm only 34) thought it was early menopause. Stomach pains reflux nausea diarrhoea. Tested positive for h pylori and had treatment but still have some symptoms. The diarrhoea has improved for me think treating the h pylori helped that and also time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.