Loss of feeling from big toe up foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i have had a ankle joint fusion 3 months ago but i have lost all feeling of my big toe up my foot has anyone ever had this problem due to the corona virus i can not get a appointment in my doctors and advice welcome

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Stephen, I'm sorry that has happened. I don't know why you lost the feeling in your toe, but I have an appt tomorrow morning because it's been 6 weeks for me non weight bearing. if you want, I will asked my doctor about that for you if you would like and as soon as he give me the answer I could let you know. This coronavirus is ruining everything but thank God I could still go to my appt. I wouldn't mind asking him so you at least could know if its normal or not. I know at times I lose the feeling in my toes and then the feeling will come back that's normal its apart of the healing I felled and broke 3 bones in my ankle and had plates and screws put in. at this moment my feeling has left my toes it be mainly my pinky toe that I could never get the feeling back but all the rest of my toes i get the feeling back. someone will reach out to you on here hopefully and give you an answer but i will have one for you in the morning until then don't worry try to relax I'll try to call up there now and see can I talk to a nurse!

• Posted

thank you that would be great today the swelling has got alot worst and the loss of feeling has been there from the day of surgery but the area where im loosing the feeling is getting bigger

• Posted

Hey Stephan, I'm sorry to hear that it got worse. My doctor said to keep it elevated and keep ice on it. he said it doesn't sound like it's a problem he wish he could look at it he suggest that you go to the emergency room can you please keep me updated on what's going on I hate to hear that I will keep you in my prayers remember to put ice on it!!!

• Posted

Hello Stephen i had my ankle fused May 18 . I always get problems on the surface of my skin on my foot to my big toe. Like pins & needles sort of electric shocks through the foot. Its been known that the nerve ends are damaged after the operation which can take up to a year + to recover. The scare for my ankle op was right over the main tendon to the big toe. May be thats what causing your problem mate. Dont mind me asking how old are you

• Posted

hi there thank you for the reply im 29 years old and today the swelling of my ankle and foot has got realy big im actualy getting realy worried as my leg / ankle is getting realy heavy i phoned the fracture clinic today and explained tgey are going to do x ray on it next thursday but not sure what to do now

• Posted

Hi Stephen80,

I am sorry you are going through that! I only had surgery on my ankle to reattach the tip of my fibula a month ago, but have not had much feeling at all on the outside of my Big toe since I broke my ankle of February 13th. I have been lightly rubbing/massaging it hoping to get more feeling back, but it only really helps subside the weird feeling it sometimes get. I was release to FWB today with an aircast splint, so maybe that will help. I will let you know so at least you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Does your surgeon's office maybe have a teladoc system you can reach him/her on? Hope you feel better soon!

Gina

• Posted

hi gina thank you for reply i have contacted them today thry are going to see me next week and do x ray today the swelling has got realy big im worried tgat the fusion is resisting as if thats the case next stage would be amputation im 29 years old with 2 children and not much going right for me at thr minute

thanks stephen

• Posted

Stephen,

How are you doing today? Where you able to get the swelling down? I know your appointment is next week, but did you end up going to the emergency room? I hope you are doing better and feeling better!! I can't imagine you even having to think about amputation at any point. If you are that worried, please don't hesitate to go to the ER or find a doctor that will see you, or call someone that can help. Are you in a hotspot for Covid?

Wishing you much healing, health and peace!

Gina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.