Loss of Flexability

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m two years post TNR. I’ve dropped from 118 bend and 0 degrees straight to 96/6. Hoping to stop the loss and regain some flexibility. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you able to do the stretching an strengthening exercises you did right after your tkr? If so try those. If not see your Dr maybe some help could be given. Hopefully all works out. 
  • Posted

If you can get into physical therapy, that helped me. I lost from 130 to 117 between 5 months and 9 months post op. The PT pushed me back to 123 and 0. Still going and improving.
    • Posted

I have gone to PT. Doing the exercises. No improvement yet, Luckily I’m  still able to hike and bike and golf. I also play handball.  Never did lose the pain on the outside or inside of knee. Just worried of continued decline.Thanks
    • Posted

On and off pain is still one of my issues too. It is in the same area you described. Just keep exercising it so it doesn’t get stiff to the point of lost rom.
  • Posted

Try slowing down your walk. Make sure you take your time hitting heel, ball of foot, toe and bend completely. Most likely its the thing we all do to some degree, start rushing through life after surgery. Go back to the basic excercises
  • Posted

I'm only at 12 weeks but pulled a tendon 5 weeks ago and set me back to almost the beginning. Now thay the severe pain gas stopped I've pushed hard in theraphy, but a stationary bike, use weight to straighten my leg. I'm at 5 straight and a whopping 135 bend. Just go back and do all the exercise you did in the begining. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.