Loss of health, feeling hopeless and depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, I am feeling hopeless and depressed, more so at the moment because my health is worseing and losing my mobility. I suffer a lot of physical pain. My anxiety is also high at the moment. Knowing my inability to walk is increasing everyday is making my depression worse. I feel angry and frustrated. I cannot talk to my daughters as they will not understand. I live alone and struggle everday. I wake up thinking what's the point, i have nothing to look forward to and don't see many people. Just wanted to vent a bit of frustration and hope that someone can understand. I have never posted here myself before because i like to help others, but i answer many other posts. Just a listening ear would help today, i just feel so alone with this. 

Elizabeth.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good morning, Elizabeth,,, George Here.

It's the same with me . honey, i feel worse when my " aches and pains " kick off. but they do , like yours, and its terribly difficult to get family and friends to appreciate our discomfort. I saw a very old friend pass away last week..., and felt real frustration that I was unable to help, , how can we change things ?? I try to listen most of the time, and appreciate your post............sounds like we are both in the same boat..............A friendy ear never goes amiss, and a companion is worth their weight in gold, regards, George,

(a bit long in the tooth, but my grandkids tell me that i am tolerable in small doses !!!XX)

• Posted

Hello George, thank you for replying. Your comment made me smile about your grandkids. My grandkids keep me going as one is a baby and the other is 3, she fetches my stick and calls me grandma stick, haha. It's good that we have others here to talk with and listen to. I get no support from my children, they don't want to know. I babysit for my daughter regulary and enjoy my time with the grandkids. Without that i would be more lost. My grandson will be 1 in a couple of weeks cannot believe how fast they are growing up. We must keep smiling George. I have read some of your replys to people here and what a great help you are to others.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.   

• Posted

Elizabeth I am so sorry you are in this position and I too can't believe how your family can be so callous.   You are a very kind and lovely lady who always helps out others and I have seen you doing exactly that on here lots of times.

You don't deserve this and I really feel for you.   You might be entitled to other benefits so have a gander at  direct.gov.uk  Especially look up PIP if you are under retirement age of Attendance Allowance if you are over.  There is practical help out there but you have to fight for it unfortunately.

I am usually around somewhere so please pm me anytime you want.  

Love and hugs  Bev xx

• Posted

Hello Bev, Thanks for replying. Yes i am not too happy with the way my daughter is reacting to me. I have looked into applying for PIP and have rang today for a form. I had applyed before twice thou the last time was about 2009 and got turned down. I am worse now and struggling every day so have decided to apply again. I had been toying with this for a while and didn't think i would be bad enough. Thanks for thinking of me.

How are you keeping yourself? 

Best wishes.

Love Elizabeth xx 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth I hope you are feeling a little better today.   You can get help in filling the PIP form out either from the CAB or a disability service and I recommend you do as some of the questions are very tricky.

I am ok I guess - trying to keep busy but not too busy I get stressed as I don't do stress very well.  

Good luck with the form and let us know how you get on love.

Bev x   

• Posted

I see my reply is waiting to be moderated but don't know why.  I didn't put any links on it or anything.  If it doesn't get passed please pm me and I will talk to you there.  Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.