Loss of interest in sex/women

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently I've noticed that I have a lack of interest in sex and women, first of all I've never been a relationship man but I used to make an effort to pursue women which hasn't been the case at all recently, I put this down to being busy in my work life but also taking more of an interest in certain hobbies which leaves little time to be chasing women which I'm fine with because as I said I have other interests that have been taking my attention. 

The he thing that worries me is more physical symptoms in the lack of a sex drive, I used to masturbate every night (not necessarily because I needed to but I guess it became a habit) currently I have not masturbated for 10 days and I do not feel the need to either whereas in the past this would physically not be possible to go this long and I probably wouldn't be able to sleep but I would definitely be getting the urge with erections etc. I consistently wake up without morning wood, I do not get spontaneous erections or random horny feelings or sexual urges /thoughts and even after all this time without ejaculating I've not had any wet dreams or at least not any I can remember. A few months ago before this started I did seem to think that my erections weren't particularly strong.

Anyway to give you a bit of background I'm 23 I don't smoke, I rarely drink, do not do drugs, not on any medication, my diet is impeccable and I exercise regularly 4-6 times a week and my sleeping patterns are pretty good.

what is going on and why is this happening, could it be low testosterone? Could it be erectike dysfunction? Could it be both? Is there anything else it could be?

what do I do? Surely this is not normal?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You might have low testosterone in your system. Go to a doctor and have the doctor check for low testosterone. Or has your testes shrank. Only a blood test can tell you if you need (testosterone) hormone replacement therapy. There are injections, pellets (only in UK), gels. It also depends if your health insurance will pay for them.
  • Posted

How do you feel otherwise? Are you tired and/or depressed?

Sometimes depression can cause low libido. Or some other illness.

But if you feel fine, consider yourself lucky! The sex drive is one hellova time waster. Look how most men spend their entire lives, either chasing women, thinking about chasing women or running away from women.

Find some creative occupation to engage you and get involved in that!

• Posted

Have a doctor check on your testosterone levels. It might be below normal. Low testosterone can cause many problems including depression and no interest in sex. But too much testosterone can problems too, so it must be tested in a doctor's office through a blood test. Whether it is too low, or too high. Testosterone comes in pellets (in the UK), or injections , or patches or gels.

• Posted

Exercising 4 to 6 times a week, that is too much. You are not letting your body rest, in order to build muscle. Are you using heavy weights. You should on one day use low weights but more repetitions , then the next day use heavy weights that is if your are becoming a body builder. What kind of exercising are you doing. Cardio, to get your heart going. Or other exercising. I used to use light weights to build extra muscle, but holding it longer than a few seconds. Most males use weights in a quick motion. In the US, men who exercise 4-6 days are called gym bunnies, they hop around like those rodents. going from one place to another or one exercise equipment to another. Otherwise, having your doctor check for low testosterone levels., that may be the cause of your problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.