Loss of motion and flexibility with sciatica

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, This is my second post about my problem with sciatica because in the first post I forgot to mention how veryh little flexability I have in my whole left leg.

I find it very hard to walk up anything sloped because I cannot lift my leg too high and I can not bend down at all because my leg, well to put it simply my leg will just not let me bend or crouch down?

Do any of you share this issue and if so is there anything you can or are doing to help get some motion and flexability back.

Thankyou for reading

Ellis.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ellis,  What you describe regarding your leg sounds more than just scatica, have you been seen by a Doctor? 
  • Posted

Ellisrobo

i think you should go and see GP as it sounds like mine was and you probably will have to have an MRI to find out exactly what's wrong.

sounds like the sciatica is more acute now.

• Posted

Hello...I know what you are going through...I have trouble going up anything sloped but I am o.k going down..Going upstairs is murder.I have to put right foot first and then bring the left foot up to join it,,,it's too painful to put weight on..If something drops on the floor I don't pick it up in case something else needs picking up later and I can save myself another painful bend!It's getting to be ridiculous.I don't drive and I am so frightened of being house bound so I paid fro an MRI scan and then I used money a friend had given me for my birthday and treatec myself to a lumbar epidural injection!I've just come back from having it now!!The dr said it could take up to 2 weeks to become effective,could be sooner an on rare occasions doesn't work atall so I am staying optimistic.If we are painfree,even for part of the day,we can walk,exercise,swim etc and that wil keep us supple and MOBILE..

I sympathise with you believe me but if you haven't yet looked into injections think about it..it takes 5 minutes and is totally painless.  Good luck.

• Posted

My leg is the same, I had a very bad flare up of sciatica a few months ago and it has left my right leg stiff, I can't lift it as high to climb and sometimes I get an agonizing pain through it that almost brings me to my knees then it goes off until the next time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.