Loss of self confidence anyone?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well i thought my worst symptom was the anxiety but now i really analyse it its more like complete loss of self-confidence .. Its like i have lost my MOJO big time. I feel like a scared child most of the time.. find it hard to make decisions. Im second guessing myself all the time too.  Maybe its something to do with the constant changing in symptoms that makes planning anything impossible. You never know how you are going to feel from hour to the next as it can change so quickly. Im sure there is a brain chemical issue at the route of it all as i randomly have periods of feeling almost normal and my confidence returns. Anxiety is still a big issue but having lived with chronic anxiety throughout my life due to having Hyper Pots , its never stopped me doing things. 

Anyone else feel this is a huge issue.. any meds that have worked etc?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I too am not near the woman I used to be.  The loss of self confidance has been huge in my case as well.  I am dealing with it...but some days have a really hard time and just need to cry!  

I keep telling myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that is what keeps me going.  I use a lot of bach's remedies for self confidance, anxiety, and mojo.  They are the only thing I have found that helps

• Posted

Yes loss of confidence was bad with me aswell as the anxiety just did'nt want to do anything also suffered with the sweats really bad!

?As i have said b4 on here i take HRT a life saver, after talks & discussions with GP i went on HRT. I get regular checks & now my quality of life is how it was.The loss of confidence & anxiety was so bad i am now postmenopause.

• Posted

Hi im glad the HRT worked for you..  I did get some from the doctors but have felt  too scared to take it to be honest.. I tried the bio hormone cream and it just gave me a chronic headache and seemed to make things worse so it has kind of put me off.  My husband goes away for a holiday in 2 weeks  so i may give it a go after he gets back. 
  • Posted

Yes...  It's like I forgot how to do things...  Not the same person..  just want to stay inside and 'hide'.   I uesd to take control and get things done but it seems like I'm different now..

• Posted

I can totally relate to the stay in and hide.. its like i dont want to deal with anything or anyone.. just having a basic conversation can put me so on edge.  I said to my mum the other day that id didnt feel like me anymore.. its like a chunck of my personality has changed and not for the better rolleyes    Ive been having symptoms for the past 4 years but they only got worse about 18months ago. Funny as a lot of the symptoms have now got better but this chronic self esteem and anxiety thing just seems to hang around, like living in a cloud of constant doom and gloom for no reason.
    • Posted

I know. Most of my symptoms improved or faded away, night sweating, day perspiration, pains, gastritis, etc., but now I experience anxiousness, depression, fears, and low esteem. I should be confident, due to my job etc, but I feel like a child. Cannot make decisions, musing about simple actions. I pretend to be the adult person, but I fear of being exposed as a fake. It is new for me.
  • Posted

Hello little me, reading your post I could of wrote that as I feel exactly the same as you. I don't plan anything anymore and just take each day as it comes. I've never been a confident person but now I'm a shadow of myself. I should be enjoying my 50's as my sons left home and is settled we are comfortable and I'm happy in my job but I worry about something every day, I wake up wondering how I'll be that day and sometimes find getting through the day difficult until I get home then feel ok as it's my safe haven. I rarely drive far on my own now and certainly don't go round town on a Saturday as I always used to every week, I've not been on my own for about 3yrs. I have no interest in going on a holiday out out somewhere nice. I panic inside if we go out for a meal but have to put on a brave face as I feel my family will think I'm a nutter and would never understand. My sister is 4yrs older than me an d never had a single symptom so just thinks I'm a hypochondriac she has no patience with me and I notice when you've been ill for a while people stop asking you how you are so I just get on with it on my own in my own little world. I look and act quite normal but inside I'm afraid, nervous and just want to hide. I really feel for you little me cos I totally understand you and it's really not nice it's debilitating and has taken us over. I just hope e wake one day and we are back to are normal selves. All I want in life is to feel ok. Sending you a comforting hug x

• Posted

Hi.. sending the hug back xx

Sorry to hear you are going through this too, its all a bit scary never knowing what its going to throw at you next.  Its sad that you cant tell your family how you are feeling as its so much easier to bare if you have people around you that understand. I know my mum went through menopause with no issues what so ever.. so at first she wasnt all that sympathetic .. so i made a point of writing out how i felt and sent it via e.mail and shes now alot more understanding.  you shouldnt have to suffer through  this on your own.. Believe me i make my husband suffer as much as possible.... haha.  I used to keep things to myself but found that made things worse as he couldnt understand what was going on and why i was acting like a crazy person. Now i just have to say a few words and he knows where i am at.  I guess in some way he can understand as at 58 hes 10 years older than me and is suffering what can only be described as manopause smile bad memory, tired all the time lots of senior moments and the other day he admitted to waking up in a wet bed rolleyes dodgy prostrate .. its good to know they are suffering too smile

​I keep getting these periods where it all goes away and i feel normal.. sometimes it lasts a  few hours.. sometimes its a day... not sure if its my body getting used to things or the other side of the coin and im having a bit of a hormone surge thats making me feel better... how about you?

• Posted

I showed my husband a t-shrt today that said "I never dreamed I'd be married to the perfect wife, but here I am killing it"  To which I got no response...really helps with the confidance levels.  Now I feel like crying.  ugh!

• Posted

I feel the same. I feel like I am a different person. I used be confident, adventurous and love to socialize. Now I feel like I second guess myself constantly and have low self esteem and no self confidence. It has really affected me in a negative way now that I moved a few years ago and feel like I still haven't really made new local friends. Makes me feel more depressed. I have been thinking of trying to commit to a yoga practice and also taking Vitamin D regular to see if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.