Loss of sensitivity due to LS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I AM A 23 year old female and was diagnosed with LS last year. My labias are completley fused together and my clit began fusing. MY Gyno said I was in remission in April but i still think I get flare ups occasionally. I have noticed that my sexual arousal has declined and I feel like im losinng more and more sensitivty in my clit. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this and if theres any advice? Or if the steriods helped reverse it at all? I havent tried using the steroids in over a year because I have type 1 herpes on my vagina and the steroids triggered my first outbreak 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey, sorry to hear this, at such a young age as well 😦

I don't have any advice to offer, im new to this forum. My clit has all but disappeared and i have lost a lot of sensitivity as well.

I only got given steroids a few months ago, and am having a break at the moment in case i need a biopsy at my gynae appointment.

I hope someone can answer you better, and maybe give us both hope x

• Posted

Hi meg, Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this so young. Can't you take medication to keep the herpes in remission so you could use the steroid? What type of doctor are you seeing?

When you say your labia have fused together is your vagina is closing? If that is the case I have read that can be dealt with surgically.

Steroids don't seem to reverse much, but they are definitely helpful. I'd say they can slow or halt the progress of LS and help the skin to heal. Are you using anything at all?

A lot of us are trying to deal with it by taking supplements and by changing our diets.

Look at some old posts here and you'll find lots of info.

• Posted

Thank you Beverly52 and Carr46 for your kind replies. After posting on here I decided to call up my doctor and see what he could do for me. He prescribed the clob cause my fusing was getting really bad around my clit. He also perscribed meds for if I have a herpes outbreak so I feel better having them on hand. I have been using the clob for a few days now and already feel SO much better! ive gotten a lot of sensation back and its only been a few days. I just wanted to update you both and thank you for your advice!

• Posted

also wanted to add about the diet changes - I went away to military bootcamp in Jan this year and had no processed foods and cery limited sugar and that was what originally put me in remission, I think. I also started taking MACA powder supplements and Tumeric Curcumin and it has helped tremendously.

• Posted

meg, am very happy you have been prescribed what should have been prescribed as soon as you were diagnosed. Some of the doctor stories that women post here are really alarming.

The MACA info is very interesting, but you have to keep in mind if you are also using medications it becomes pretty difficult to discern what is actually having an effect. That being said we are all quite desperate and some of us are taking many supplements. If the MACA gives you more energy that in itself is worth it.

• Posted

So pleased to hear things have improved for you 😊 on holiday atm so hopefully this works OK from my phone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.