Loss of smell and taste after surgery one week later

Posted , 1 user is following.

hey everyone, I had FESS and septoplasty surgery last week on november 16th. After the surgery the pain wasn't too great and my sense of smell and taste came back within a few days, although diminished a bit. My post op visit with doctor was the following Monday where i realized that this surgery would be quite painful to recover from. After suctioning out blood from my nose, during the process I became extremely light headed and had to ask the Dr to stop because i was about to pass out. Ever since that appointment, my nose and area around it has become painful. Which brings me to today, Thanksgiving. I normally sleep in my recliner but for some reason during the night i ended up on the floor without having my head elevated. I noticed something was strange immediately as I had lost all smell and taste, which was obviously quite worrisome, especially after 10 days after surgery. Has this happened to anyone else? I also noticed that when i did my usual sinus rinse that alot of blood came out again. Dr is out today so can't get answer. Do you guys think the way i slept caused this to occur? This sucks as i cant taste anything on Thanksgiving of all days.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.