Loss of taste

Posted , 2 users are following.

Getting fed up now with having no taste 6weeks since not taking terbinafine tablets. To many people this may seem minor and I know it's not serious but it's so frustrating. And over the Christmas as well!!! Is there anyone else in this situation?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Lynn

I don’t have this problem now, but had it 3 years ago when I had a nail fungus and the Dr. put me on Terbinafine.  It took weeks for my appetite to come very Slowly back!!

Here we are 3 years later and again I’ve gotten a nail fungus affecting both my finger and toenails.  I’ve tried epsom salt and even a prescription that my dermatologist helped me obtain thru insurance.  ($1K without insurance).  That said it did nothing!   My GP wants to put me on terbinaphine again and I said no!!  Problem is, it does help the fungus to go away, at the expensive of losing your appetite and all foods tasting either weird or bland.

I definitely ‘get’ what your feeling and saying.  It had NO effect on my husband’s appetite.  It is odd and exasperating in the negative way in which it has affected so many of  

Us.    Good luck to you... for now I’m keeping my nail fungus but summer will come again, and I can’t wear pretty sandals with this gross toenail fungus!  

No clue ‘what to do.’ 

• Posted

Hi Marlene. Thanks for replying. Its good to know other people know how you are feeling its so frustrating trying to explain to your nearest and dearest that going out for meals etc {especially over the Xmas period } is not worth it. You just end up pushing your food around the plate just to be sociable. Good news is that I can taste chicken at least. Its strange how I didnt lose my taste for cucumber and walnuts - strange combination!!! My toenail fungus is still there but I wont be going back on that tablet again thats for sure. I so get the feeling of not being able to wear pretty sandals and not knowing what to do. All the best for the future and once again thanks for the support xx Lynne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.