Loss of visibilty from anxiety??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I want to say that this has not happened to me in a while. 

When i was 16 i completely lost my vision(my eyew were open but everything was black) but i was also 16 and doing stupid things like drinking and stuff, so i didnt think anything of it. 

There has been a couple times in the past where ive got sudden loss of visability with dizziness for a couple seconds. My vision just goes dark and i get very dizzy. It only lasts for a few seconds. I usually close my eyes and it comes back. I am not sure if this is tunnel vision but it is a bit worrisome to me. This actually has not happened to me in a long time.  The best way i can describe it is coming into a dark room from being outside in the sun. 

The only reason i am bringing this uo is bc another person i had spoke to said they had the same issue. They suddenly loss their vision for 7 minutes. This happened to them while they were experiencing hightened anxiety and panic. 

Ive been checked out by my dr and optomitrist. All is fine. 

Can this be a result if anxiety? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.