Loss of weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Six months ago I was told by my GP that I was on the border line for Diabetes and to cut out sugar.

Since then my weight has dropped from 14st 4lb to 12st 11lb.

Is that sort of weight loss normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is normal and if you can even lose some weight it would be better still, they say that if you can go between 9 -10 stone would be good because your diabetes can be controlled by diet alone sadly this is not the case for me mine is hereditary and I keep trying to lose weight lol
  • Posted

If you have cut out most sugar from your diet then you are bound to lose weight. Your weight loss is less than 1lb per week, so not really that drastic! Wish I had your will power. I think I am craving more sugar than ever since my diabetes type 2 diagnosis! Take care and I hope that your HBA1c is showing a great improvement after all your hard work!
  • Posted

That is what the doctors wanted you to do.  Not easy so well done if you have been cutting down.  The only problem would be if you had not cut down on sugar and was losing weight which can sometimes happen with diabetics.
  • Posted

Thanks all for the replies and reassurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.