lost 2 stone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I initially lost 2 stone on orlistat but now my weight is not moving! I still want to lose another 2 stone. Can anyone help??

Also can anyone give me the phone number for the Map support, i have lost the leaflet in my box.

Thanks

Kaz x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I can do the easy bit:

0800 731 7138

and the e-address is support@mapassist.co.uk

The hard bit? No clever words - sorry - but surely scrupulously writing down every mouthful, sticking to less than 1500 cals and 25-30 g of fat a day and 3 or 4 sweaty exercise sessions a week has to work in the end, even if you have to trudge through a plateau. Those are the rules of the biology.

I am hugely sympathetic and really feel your frustration. I am sure I am approaching my own plateau soon and will be trudging across with you. We have to hang on to the facts through - this is not magic or a mean set of rules designed to trip us up but a simple equation of what goes in minus what goes out and what get used up has to equal a loss eventually as long as we keep our metabolism bouyant.

Bloody hard work at times though isn't it!

• Posted

I only said bloooooody ( with less ooo's) - and it was heartfelt!
  • Posted

Thank you very much. Im sticking at it!!!! :D
  • Posted

Hi RR,

I think our message went to the moderator because of the phone number and web address and not the swearing.

Swear all you like it's good for you :lol:

Jane

• Posted

What is it about the 2 stn point? I am also on a plateau and stuck.

I am being very good - just had a chocolate muller lite to satisfy my sin cravings.

OK, I could up the exercise (as i do noe that won't be difficult) but it is just finding time in the day and the impetus to do it.

Keep it up folks. We will succeed.

• Posted

I dunno!! i'm going to aerobics 3 times a week! i'm being super good too!

I'm thinking i'm not eating enough fat so gonna try and up it a bit, but if i do that the calories go up too!

It seemed so easy before!

Do we need to be concentrating on calories as well as fat or just fat??

confused.com!!!! :?

• Posted

If you put the fat up you have to try to keep inside the same calories, not just eat extra. It takes a bit more fiddling about until you get used to it, but it is the way MAP recommend we do it whilst on this drug.
  • Posted

So what kinda things are higher in fat and still low in calories?? i never took any notice of calories in the beginning! help!!! :?
  • Posted

kaz - go buy yourself a Collins Calorie Counter - that's a paperback book - it gives the calories in lots of foods and also gives the fat content. Well worth £5.99. You will also get the values in many branded foods which should be helpful.

Your question is such a big one to answer here. Might help you to read a slimming magazine of some sort if you have no idea what it's all about.

• Posted

Thanks quill drill i will!!! will get it today :D x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.