Lost 3 kilos in 2 weeks with no diet or exercise. Should I be wooried

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I have Gerd and Hiatal hernia which give me symptoms on and off. for the past 3 days however I haven't had any of the symptoms. last night I felt weirdly tired and light headed and decided to see the GP and I have lost 3 kilos in 2 weeks. As a health anxious person, my worries have gone from 1 to a 100... Has anyone ever experienced such ?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hello

yes i have same GERD and a small HH and it flared for 30 days i lost 16 pounds and i cant eat certain food. just go to the doctor and see what kind of test they are gonna give you

• Posted

Thanks... I 'll have to push for further tests. what funny in my situation is for the last week I have even pretty much everything with no flare up. I m wondering where is the weight loss coming from. I haven't been exercising much apart from lifting boxes and cleaning up after I moved houses. it worries me.

• Posted

Hi christelle51

You knocked the nail on the head moving is well documented to be one of the most stressful times we can go through. I have moved quite a few times and the stress of moving packing, unpacking and sorting things out caused me to lose weight too. I was delighted needed to lose a bit. Once you have settled in and all is back to normal your weight will go back on as it did me. Stop stressing and getting anxious this will cause weight loss. Weight loss does not always mean a sign of cancer. There are many reasons for weight loss..Hope you get settled soon in your new home..best wishes...

• Posted

Thanks Mary! your reply is so calming. I am really stressed and I am glad to know I m not just losing my mind. I hope I settle soon and I will try and keep my mind off my health issues. that is again for reassuring me that it's a normal thing to go through in the middle of such a chaotic situation. Thanks again Mary!

• Posted

Hi christell51

No worries...happy to help!!...No! you are not losing your mind sit on one of your packed up boxes and have a nice cuppa if the electrics and/or gas are on....you'll soon be settled and things will be back to normal.....πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

• Posted

Will definitely sit on my unpacked boxes and relax. hahaha...thanks MaryπŸ€—

• Posted

Worry can make you lose weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.