Lost

Posted , 13 users are following.

So last night I'm looking at all my tablets and thinking why not just take them all. I know I need help but in my family I'm the strong one(if only they knew). There's no one I can talk to so I decided to try this.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Joannah

I really do not understand what the problem is so in case I'm being dull please can you explain another way.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

I am glad that you have spoken out

I know exactly how you feel

I have been feeling low and hopeless too not being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am the strong one holding all together normally therefor putting even more pressure on myself

But at week 9 now post surgery and can see a light

I keep little reminders of things I can do now and not a week ago

Therefor feeling a little positive

Setting myself little tiny goals

At what stage are you now?

Can you see some progress?

There is allways someone there who will listen

• Posted

Oh Honey - I broke my ankle 7-17 cutting tree limbs off the roof my foot started to slip when I sat down my tennis shoe turned on its side with my foot in it .I am waiting for surgery 7-27 . I am just laying here. Don't give up we can get thru this . I fell off the dam crutches so I am using a walker to get to the bathroom. I am reading everything I can that is positive to keep my spirits up . What is your situation. It helps to talk about it. I am all ears. I am a counselor by profession and help people with drug and alcohol problems.

• Posted

Hello Susan

I noticed you were having surgery today and wanted you to know you are in my prayers.

I fell several times with crutches and a wheel chair and knee walker/stroller are wonderful.

Bobbie

• Posted

Doing good - They are keeping me Overnight. Had surgery at 700 am it went good. It is 6:30 pm pain block around my ankle is wearing off but higher up is still numb . The gave me pain med. It has not kicked in yet . Thank you so muck for checking on me . Has anyone heard from Joannah?
    • Posted

Dear Susan

Not heard anything so my suspicions are increased that it was perhaps not what it seemed to be. Someone who really is in the situation that Joanah's post suggested she was in surely would have posted again to clarify things if their situation had been for real.

I have seen people posting on here before who appeared to simply want to cause concern and many generous people here tried to help.

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

Hang in there it has been two years since my ladder fall compound fracture both tibia and fib broken fib out the side of leg into the ground. The first few months I was hopeful the Dr would just take off the foot it hurt so bad but things have gotten better time heals all wounds. Had about five surguries now and it is slowly getting better. It takes a lot of patience things do and will get better.
  • Posted

Maybe talk to dr to temporarily get on an antidepressant. No shame in it bc u r going thru a tramitic life event. I rented a wheelchair and my friend to me shopping and out to eat yesterday. It did my spirit wonders! I have a knee scooter to get me around the house. Much easier thanks the Walker. The crutches are my enemy.
  • Posted

Hi honey. I'm so sorry your pain has bought you to the brink.  Step back honey it does get better. Some of these pills can cause depression and can be very addictive. Side effects very bad. I got hives in places o won't mention on here and every other part of my body. depression constipation to tap arse peeing every 1/2 hour no apitite vomiting.  Went on antidepressants and felt very suicidal. I took up smoking as a way of treating depression and promised myself that I would give it up when I could walk unaided. Which I've done. Having to get outside to smoke got me moving in wheelchair and gave me a focus. I had not smoked I'm many years. I'm in a good place now and hope to be back at work in 3 weeks. This broken ankle is a set back in my like but stay with me and don't let it take your like. Just give it a few months.im 4 months post op and never thought I'd get better. Feel free to private message me and at any time you need to sound off do get on this site. It is a life saver. Love to you and please be safe. 

• Posted

Joannah, I am glad you posted here. It sounds like a desperate cry for help. Please can you see or talk to a professional counsellor. Do not do anything you may regret later, or even worse that will effect your family. I lost my son 4 years ago. it was a nghtmare for the whole family.  and everyday i still cry and ask why.

What is your ankle injury?

• Posted

I am glad you did reach out here.  I promise this will get better.  This is temporary, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Tell us your story, how it happened, when you had surgery, are you in a lot of pain?  Everyone on this forum will understand we are all in the same boat.  Have you been suicidal prior to this? Depressed prior?  Do you anyone you can talk to?  I went to this chat room when I was desparate to talk to someone.  http://www.healthfulchat.org/

It is not the best solution but I was able to talk to people right away.  Contact your doctor immediately if this feeling doesn't go away.  When is your next doctors appointment?  

• Posted

Joannah- what kind of injury do you have . I am feeling down too . This forum is helping me feel better. I watch inspirational u tube videos , read up lifting material, tell myself this is temporary . I have found this forum. Count my blessings. Focus on the present the best i can . I am going to look up different meditation technique . Please respond

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.