Lost

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am currently on 150 mg of zoloft just started the 150 yesterday. I was on 200 mg for 2 and half years and stopped due to feeling stronger than I was. I've been increasing weekly with my doctors permission, but it's been almost 3 weeks since I've slept more than 3 hours and it's taking a toll on me. When does it get easier and start helping me sleep? I know i have to be patient but it's getting harder and harder.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you asked for anything to help with sleep?
    • Posted

No not yet I've heard horrible things about sleeping pills so I'm honestly scared to try them but I may need to

• Posted

Never hurts to ask the doc!! I took Benadryl one night so I could sleep. Is your only problem with Zoloft not being able to sleep?
    • Posted

The doctor told me to take my zoloft in the morning and also to take benadryl to sleep so I'm going to try that!

• Posted

I do the same thing!! I take the Zoloft in the morning. There was a night or 2 that I did take some Benadryl to sleep. Worked pretty good 
  • Posted

I have been facing the same problem but it has slightly improved this week as I have started dreaming again.  I am on Week 4 and taking 100 mg. Appetite is marginally better.

Can I ask if the positive feelings come back after Week 6 or so?  My emotions feel quite flat at present.

I was on paroxetine for over 20 years before this and did feel good on it for a large percentage of the time but felt I needed a change.  I am now not so sure I did the right thing!

Best wishes

Avril

• Posted

Hi i am in the same boat as you but it does get easier there are different things you can do , because the more you want to sleep the more you get worked up and it becomes a vicious circle, i have a lot of things wrong with me me starting with 30 years of severe migraines, ibs, bad health issues and terrible things done to me i really can not talk about, but now i have been diagnose with severe depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and a whole lot more, but i am 54 and i assure you you will get through it , i am, drugs help but getting the right dose is very important and doing other stuff like eating healthy important , not watching tv in your room while your trying to sleep, reading is very good ,takes your mind off stuff, hot drinks, green teas no caffeine ones they keep you up, and most important if what you are going through you need help as well as drugs talking about to a close friend really helps if not a councillor , i am starting mine on monday can not wait as ell as i am on 100mg for the last 6 weeks , hope this helps and take care
  • Posted

Hi you are not alone i know exactly how you feel and you can change it if you have a little time and read my story, i am 54 and there is nothing that i have not been through, i have suffered migraines for over 30yrs which there is no cure for me and on top i have eating disorders which lead to ibs, which i have to take pills for, i have had terrible things done to me through my childhood and into my teens which i find hard to talk about, i got an illness that nearly killed me and i am on drugs for the rest of my life for that , and because of that i had to give up my job which i loved, hairdresser and beautician, so i decided to leave where i lived and start fresh out of the eastend and into the countryside , boy was i wrong the piece and quiet was nice at first but then i realised i had no job no friends and a lot of time on my hands to think, and boy did i think of all the terrible things that had happened to me and what i had lost, and i became very depressed had panic attacks, and anxiety, i did not recognise myself , i went to the doctor and he diagnose me with deep depression `and put me on 50mg of some drug i can not remember for 3 weeks then up it 100mg, i was so ill so he changed it to 50mg of sertraline which is the same thing you are on for 3 weeks then up it to 100mg, was on that for 2 weeks but i could not lift my head from the pillow as for sleep lucky to get 2 to 3 hrs a night so i do not know what i m thinking or doing, so seeing as i have been through so much in my life the people that have helped me is my brilliant partner, my parents and a couple of great friends and clients i had in london, so with the doctor help my dad and believing in alternative medicine which have been great in the past with all my illnesses, this is what i did , eating healthy very important, trying very hard to give up smoking one factor of bad heads, and lack of sleep, no tv in the room keeps you awake , reading a nice book makes eyes tired takes your mind of things, and camomile tea , no tea or coffee or anything with caffeine in it and if you need a little nudge herbal nytol a hour before bed helps me, and one more thing meditation, get some dvd on them and i tell you your sleep like a baby , and with sleep you function, and i hope life will be better for you ,as for me i am have talking therapy start on monday 30th cant waitcheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.