Lost all faith in professionals

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been under the mh team for over a year..first thry changed my medication which sent me into a rapid downward spiral..then they claimed I had personality disorder as a result of behaviour during the spiral. They then refused to give me any other medication and I was suffering for 3-4 months. At the time I had a fantastic GP who was so supportive and helpful. GP then got sick and has been for last 6 months. I have been seeing a therapist finally and a new GP - the theraist sessions I am not finding that helpful.

I saw the gp and she offered to ring the therapist to see his views on how it was going. Fast forward to my session and he tells me my gp is not used to seeing people as much as she has been seeing me and wants to cut down. He said it was only done as it was the "legacy" left by prebious gp. He then says thats why she called him. He said they discussed its the same pattern of me seeing them and that we need to limit reliance on services.

I felt mysrlf feeling upset and angry. Why couldnt she tell me herself? I felt she lied to me, claiming another reason for the call to me. I am also upset as I was worried I wouldnt have as much support from her if seeing him and she had previously told me both are important. She also told me previously they are there for support and I should not worry about people saying I'm too reliant on services

I feel I cannot trust her now and I certainly do not trust him. It makes me want to withdraw altogether from gp and mh team, who to be frank I feel have taken away the support of GP... Now I feel there is nowhere to turn.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi K, I feel your frustration. I would put all this in a letter to the Practice Manager. (Leave out that you felt lied to - that won't go down well). I had to do this when my meds were changed to a cheaper brand without warning - messy. Anyway, it turns out that your correspondence has to be dealt with at a weekly meeting with staff - a kind of triage. You'll be taken seriously this way, and may get a change of dr who will be better for you. 

All the best to you xx

• Posted

Thanks katiehippy - i agree wont go down well saying I feel lied to!! I now have meds that may work but feels the support is being taken away.
  • Posted

I would check with the doctor to make sure what you were told was accurate as they could have got the wrong end of the stick.  As far as I am aware there are no time limits a doctor can choose to spend on your case and they must be aware some people require much more support than others whether it be a physical or mental illness.  x
    • Posted

Thanks Hypercat. You are completely right and I do not agree at all with it... im still so upset about it. Im going to try and speak to the Dr as I trusted her....

As for him and the mh team, I ront trudt them at all...I feel im wrong or bad for needing help.

• Posted

Without you and others these people would be out of a job!  Think of it that way.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.