Lost and confused update

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,went for a medical certificate yesterday and my GP asked me about my understanding of what I have. because I did not go ahead with the operation, He then send me for another urgent ultrasound scan.  Before this I was told that I have a dermoid cyst on my right ovary, which I questioned the surgeon  and the first GP that examined me, because to my knowledge my right ovary was removed when I was 24.. Anyway I went for another altrasound scan and guess what I DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT OVARY  and my cyst is on the left-handside. I still do not understand  the surgeon's  decision to remove my uterus and the works. Why tell me it is on the right handside instead of the left. I am waiting for the results of the scan. from my family GP.  I will get you posted in a couple of days time. Best wishes evryone

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't give you much faith in the medical profession does it. It's on my records that I am asthmatic - I'm not, never have been.rolleyes

Please do keep in touch.

• Posted

My first scan I had a chess pain and in my report I had stomach pain they said the pain came from my stomach and decided during the operation to take some stomach tissu for examination, Luckily my chess pain was on the right handside and they went ahead and examined my heart. My heart is functioning as it should. But I am careful not to let them do whatever without questioning their decisions

I only hope that I am doing the right thing. I will soon learn the result from my GP then I will hopefully make the right decision. Thanks for your reply I will keep in touch

• Posted

Good luck. Try to see if its just endometriosis this way u dnt loose ur ability to make babies. I have kind of the same problem with my kidney stones. My kidney dr says to look out for like a mezi pain (early metopause) so i dnt get that pain anymore, but ask them for that test its called a laparoscopy. They just cut a tiny line in ur navel and put a cam in to look at ur ovary. To see how bad your cyst is i had it done at the age of 22 got right up after surgery to pee...they didnt want me to move and said my tummy wasnt pee it was the air the put in well it was all pee..good luck keep us posted all prays 4 u
    • Posted

Sorry I did not say how old I am.  I am 64 and the GP that examined me said I did not need my reproductive organs (what for? she said) anyway my second scan proved her wrong about my ovaries. I think I have to have an operation to remove the cyst that I have, because of its size. I will get more information after meeting with my family GP.  By the way how are you doing now. All healed and healthy I guess. Thanks and be well
  • Posted

Hello,

Yes stay on top of everything. I had a breast biopsy done, left. Following year Dr. commented how amazing the incision healed. I told him to look at the chart. He originally diagnosed the cyst and marked the wrong side.

Should've run then. He also reported cyst on the wrong side. Both for tests and surgeon. TG surgeon was excellent. Suggest a second surgical opinion. If you have no uterine issues that should be just in case, not an automatic, just because we're in there!

• Posted

The second scan should help me with my decision. I am going overseas for a second opinion I will be back mid October I will then meet with my family GP for my resultswill keep you posted thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.