Lost and depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I worked as a nurse for 10 years.. long term care. Do to being understaffed and overworked .. I broke.

Had a major breakdown.. was also in an abussive relationship at the time. Left the job.. the guy.. showed up on mum and dads doorstep with a black eye and all of my stuff crammed in my car.

Been lost ever since.

Tried anti depressants.. 3 to he exact and none helped just made me want to kill myself more.

I'm from a family of over achievers. You can NOT fail!

My brother is a police sargent. Has won awards.. the whole bit.

I have been off for 2 years trying different medications and feeling worse with every one.

My latest adventure was trying to clean houses for minimum wage. I'm 42 btw and .. I came home in pain most days from carrying 3 vacume cleaners up and down stairs all day. Needless to say.. I respect the ladies that can do this job.. I got let go because I wasn't doing good enough. To be exact my boss let me off at the side of the road in minus 20 weather saying I suck.

I don't want to get out of bed.. I feel like .. if I can't even clean a house good enough to survive. what good am I?!?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had to leave a good job, due to the stress of it, and using alcohol to cope with it every evening. I left because i knew my health was deteriorating. Unfortunately i left it too late to quit and ending up having a stroke 18 months ago.

Could you not go back to nursing, it is a trade and they always seem to be in demand?

• Posted

Hi you are going through a bad time aren't you?  I know a nurse/midwife who also had a massive breakdown and couldn't work for a long time.    In the last year or so she is working - as a health care assistant.   I asked her if she was happy working so far below her qualifications and she said she loved it as there was no stress or pressure.  Maybe that could be for you?   Or something similiar.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.