Lost and Desperate 80lbs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I started loosing my appetite about one year ago. Fatigue set in about eight months ago. Got pain in the upper right side of my abdomen.

Weight loss 80 lbs 22 percent of total

yellow stool 1 year

Three trips to the ER

Testing done

blood work ups about 12 times normal

colonoscopy and upper scope normal

ct of chest and abdomen with contrast normal

hydoscan for gallbladder function normal

ultrasound of gallbladder normal

lactlose breath borderline took xixfaxin for 10days

symptoms still the same

glucose breath test normal.

I've seen local GI

Northwestern GI

Mayo GI

I get shortness of breath (asthma)

brain fog

constant burping and bloating 

muscle weakness.

sleep apnea but no mask yet appointments 1month away.

all tests normal and all I'm told is maybe it's! Any ideas?

missed a lot of work probably get fired soon losing insurance!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

GI says maybe IBSC?

Extreme fatigue almost bed ridden.

• Posted

Hi bradley 31430

When you had bloodwork carried out were you tested for B12 and vit D deficiency..B12 deficiency can cause brain fog and muscle weakness and vit D deficiency causes gastric problems...So if you have not had them checked ask your health provider to carry out a blood test for these very important vits......or start taking B12 complex supplementa and Vit D rda 400IU..and see if they make a difference..obviously give it a few months for them to kick in

• Posted

Thanks but results showed elevated b12 and normal d levels. I was told to stick with the multi vitamin I usually take. Now I feel jittery and have a hard time sleeping through the night. I take melatonin to help.
    • Posted

I'm checking out my hypertension mess to see if they can cause problems.5mg amlopidimine and 100mg losartan potassium

• Posted

It seems that every rx I take causes fatigue 
  • Posted

Right hand side - appendicitis or grumbling appendix. You never menrioned that.
    • Posted

Blood work should have showed something. Infection. yes I still have my appendix but I'm not sure it's the problem.. This has gone on so long that I don't think it's that but thanks for the help 

• Posted

Did they say your liver and pancreas are normal?

You should ask for a Gastric Emptying Study or a Barium Swallow to eliminate any possibility of something wrong with the contractions of your stomach or intestines or any functional obstruction.

• Posted

I already had gastric empty study done along with new gastric mucosa scan to see if there's an accommodating problem. Both came back normal. I forgot to add that I'm also lactose intolerant . Tomorrow I will stop every medicine that causes fatigue including the melatonin I take for insomnia.

• Posted

What about your liver or your pancreas? And what medications are you stopping?
    • Posted

Sorry I didn't get your other post. Forget about the first question.

• Posted

Do you get the burping and bloating no matter what you eat?
    • Posted

Yes burping and bloating a little bit at first but a lot later. Terrible when sleeping.

I don't smoke,drink alcohol or use drugs.

no soda

no caffeine 

only water and gatorade

• Posted

my bp is 120/80 but Before I lost weight it was higher and then dipped to 80/60 when I lost the weight and I had to get away from 40mg of lisinipril plus the other two I was taking 
    • Posted

Since everything the doctors have seen inside is normal, the problem has to be either an external source, IBS, your weight, or an artery compression syndrome. Did you say that 80 pounds was 22% of your total weight? Or 80 pounds is your current weight? And have you noticed any change since your stopped your medications?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.