Lost case files

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have industrial injuries benefit at 60% spanning 27 years since award. I also get REA.

I phoned IIB dept recently as I was due for a review soon and hadn't had an apt through yet, after a couple of calls they have confirmed that they have lost my file and are now expected me to provide them with 27 years worth of history and information.

I'm curious, as I am still awaiting a DLA to PIP review DLA ( high motability is an indefinite award - is it possible this case file has been lost with my IIB one and hence no call up for review yet??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh and I'm not asking the DWP - can - worms - all over the place, I'd rather get the IIB saga sorted first and then tackle PIP.

• Posted

Hi,

I highly doubt that's the reason you haven't been asked to apply for PIP yet. There's still a lot of people like you who are waiting for the very same letter. All i can say is, it could be anytime. All i know is when i had my PIP review last year on the letter it clearly stated they only wanted to see evidence that was dated within the last 2 years.

• Posted

I have reams of evidence for the last two years, operations, scripts etc hospital admissions, tests - under consultants for 27 years for one of my 8 conditions so no problem with evidence.

I thought it possibly wasn't the case but just curious if the case files were linked, they said when they migrated to a new system I was 'lost'

• Posted

I have heard they do sometimes ask if you want your DLA evidence to be looked at when transfering over. I've also heard they don't often ask and when they do this evidence isn't used. It's sounds as though you have plenty of evidence especially within the last 2 years. If you have it all ready for the transfer over then all you need to do is sit back and wait. You'll be sent that letter all in good time.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Does anyone know just how long this torture of waiting for dla to pip appraisals will go on for. It is obviously running years behind schedule, savings that were expected to be made are now proven to be wildly optimistic and yet many thousands of us are daily awaiting the"call" yet meantime there are reappraisals of people already transferred over to pip.

This never ending snake of millions of claimants either on dla awaiting pip, or now on pip and awaiting second or third reassessments is a mess getting messier.

Meantime we have thousands of claimants going through reconsideration or tribunals and court hearings.

It seems that instead of trying to find ways of saving money the dwp has gone out of its way to spend money faster than it can be created.

Mike.

• Posted

Totally agree Mike my car was due to be changed early this year, I left it to the very last minute before ordering, if I were to have the medical and lose it at least I'd have the £2000 to put towards a car but I would have lost that £2000 if I didn't order a new car and keep playing the waiting game.

It's crazy when you read about people having pip 2,3rd reviews and we don't even know if we'll successfully transfer across yet. It is a mess and having waited on that brown envelope for a couple of years now is stressful.

Added to the mess is my IIB saga and seriously you have to wonder at their thinking and organisational skills.

Is there a figure of how many DLA are still waiting for PIP transfers?, is there a rationale as to why some are called up before others?

I wondered if because I have DLA motabilty but work, so do not claim any out of work benefits i wouldn't be a tick in their box in putting me into the new various out of work schemes that I'm being left to last.

• Posted

Hi Mike,

The benefits and work timetable says all claimants will have started the transfer by September 2017. I have no idea how true this is. I suspect it's not accurate in the slightlest. I had heard it's been put back to June 2018 but i can't find any proof of this on the internet.

I was never claiming DLA before my PIP award but i do know just how stressful the waiting is. Having waited 11 whole months for a PIP assessment when i first applied. My review waiting times were far less thankfully.

All i can advice is that you make sure you have all your evidence ready for when the dreaded letter arrives asking you to apply. 1 month to send those forms back isn't long. Hope the wait isn't much longer for all those still stressfully waiting.

• Posted

Just incase anyone wonders.... I had my IIB review finally last week, I gave the dwp quite a hard time re losing all my case files.

The assessor doing the medical claimed to know nothing about my case and asked a couple of questions more suited to a PIP assessment than a IIB review which I wrote to the DWP afterwards and highlighted.

I got the letter within a week and have been awarded IIB at 60% for life and reduced earnings until I retire so I am happy with not having to do any more reviews ( unless off course a life award becomes something completely different down the line!! 🙄wink

Still waiting on my DLA to PIP letter but no news is good news and hopefully I can get the medical report for IIB to add to the pile of supporting evidence I already have.

• Posted

Good to know you had good news! As for the DLA to PIP it could be anytime between now and September 2018 i heard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.