Lost esa after face to face.Do not wish to go for job seekers but can i make a claim for Nil Income

Posted , 3 users are following.

Trying to find out if i can make a claim to local council for Nil Income to cover rent/council tax.Had face to face for esa,lost it.Do not want to claim job seekers as i am unable to work and do not want the hassall from job centre pressurising and hounding me .Any advice or info would be great.Regards,Mick.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes you can claim HB and CTR based on Nil Income. You'll need to ring them and ask them to send you a form.

Incase you didn't know you can actually claim JSA and give a fit/sick note. The trick is NOT to give the fit note until after your first initial appointment. You can then claim for a period of 13 weeks with the fit note. This would allow time for the MR decision to be made as i'm assuming you're askingfor the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)? 80% of MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take it to tribunal where 65% of those who appear have a decision in their favour. It's considerably less for those who ask for a paper based decision.

A lot of people fail to understand what ESA is all about. It's based on the work you can do and not what you can't do. They actually assess you to be able to do any type of work. Please take a look at the ESA descriptors or the WRAG and the support group. The Support Group isn't based on point scoring like the WRAG is. Good luck!

• Posted

Hello Denise.Thank you for your help and advice.I assume i cannot even claim the basic ESA rate just until the mandatory reconsideration or tribunal stage then ?.Best wishes, Mick.
    • Posted

Hi,

No you can't go back onto assessment rate of ESA during the MR stage, i'm afraid. You won't be able to do this until the Tribunal have accepted your appeal if you need to go down this route and most people do. It's JSA with a fit note for up to 13 weeks, this is your only option right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.