Lost in the system?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I am on the NHS and I realize in a way I have gotten lost in the system somehow. 

I have a psychiatrist, and I also have a medical phobia (can't take to medications easily) so due to that I hardly see her (understandable I suppose). 

I think the thing that is upsetting me the most is that I was given a psychologist who would fall asleep briefly (but constantly during our sessions). I stopped seeing her due to this. I didn't want to say why at first because I felt bad to do so. 

I asked for another psychologist but was told by my psychiatrist, who works with this psychologist that this psychologist had decided 'therapy' was not for me. I was so angry. 

Basically, because she fell asleep etc., and I left, I've been told I am the issue? 

I really need help I suffer from Bipolar and also am not medicated. How do I deal with being lost or up against the 'system'?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am also in the UK. I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Like you I also cannot take meds, I have paranoid schizophrenia.

Something needs to be done to investigate what's going on with your psychologist falling a sleep. If I was in your situation I'd either go and see my GP and explain everything, or contact the service provider and discuss it with them.

Are you under a community psychiatric service or is it provided by a hopsital?

• Posted

Hi, I'm under community psychiatric. How do you manage without meds. I'm desperate at the moment with the mood swings. 

• Posted

Me to, and my community service is provided by a local NHS Trust. Anyway I'd call up the office of the coomunity place youre under and ask to speak with the manager as you have concerns around your treatment. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to either meet with you or talk over the phone to help find the best way forward.

I dont manage to well, Im in and out of hospital due to being sectioned because of my psychosis. While in hospital they can force me to take meds via restraint and injection, so that tends to 'stabalise' things somewhat. Then as soon as I'm out of hosptial I refuse to take pills or depot injections. I tend to manage well for a while, sometimes up to a year, sometimes only for a few months. Then things seem to fall apart again and I'm back to square one. Many keep teling me it would just be easier and a better life if i just took the meds. Maybe. But this is the extent of my fear of these poisonous pills and people cant seem appreciate that.

• Posted

That is so strange I have the exact same fear I have. I feel they are poisonous. It is SO hard. I have this feeling with many things, the poisonous fear, not only medications. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.