Lost my car. Change from D.L.A. To PIP. Didn't understand planning and following a journey

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on  DL.A  for years now. I was awarded full mobility and carars allowance. I have had my medical for the change to P.I.P. And have now been granted the standered rate which means I lose my car. I don.t understand why as I they said I cannot walk more than 20 mtrs without stopping. I am on 2 crutches and cannot weight bear.  I also got 0 points for planning and following a journey. I didn't really understand that question as I don't go far because I can't. If I had understood it I would have unswerving accordingly. It seems that question is more for the mental health or the blind. I have now lost my car and I don't know how I'm going to cope without it as I am unable to walk and get out. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosemary,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report? If not then this is what you need to do. You have 1 month from the date of the decission to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you'll need to send in more evidence to support you claim. Most MR decision remain the same so be prepared to take it to Tribunal. I would advice you to ring CAB for support with writing the letter for the MR. You'll need to concentrate on those descriptors and which ones apply to you. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Rosemary

Sorry to hear this. I would advise You ring and ask for copy if the assessment. And put in an MR. Be prepared to take it to a tribunal. Get as much evidence as you can to submit with your MR and trubunal.

Goid luck

• Posted

Hi Rosemary,

I have been through this and I know how scary this is. The advice you have been given is spot on. When my car was taken off me, I had a check come through the post for £2,000 from motability. I phoned them about this and it is £250 for handing the car back in good condition and the rest was for me to help towards funding a car.

But....... if I rejoined the motability scheme within 6 months of cashing the cheque, then I would either have to pay the outstanding £1,750 back, or wait until the 6 months is up, then rejoin as normal owing nothing.

This was December last year, so things may have changed, so I would double check.

As far as time scales go, I had my mandatory decision in November/December 2016 and had my appeal last week, so be prepared for the wait.

I hope this information helps Rosemary ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.