LOST MY ESA

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

The reasons i was in that group was i can only walk short distance and have trouble sitting for long periods of time.I put my mandatory reconsideration in on Tuesday do you know how long it take to get a reply to that.Also have new x ray taken on Tuesday so waiting for the results.Got a letter today about my (SMI) loan for my mortgage and it has stopped. Just don't know what to do now.

PS

I had 15 points 9 for how far i can walk,and 6 for how long i can sit,and in the support group and now a big fat 000.Sorry if i go on a bit thanks.lo

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

There's no timescales to decisions unfortunately. Most stay the same though do expect to have to take it to Tribunal. If the MR fails and you take it to Tribunal then you can go back onto assessment rate of ESA once they've accepted your appeal. 

Being placed into the Support Group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the Support Group descriptors. My guess is, is that you were placed in there because of your mobility. 

The reason your SMI has stopped is because you've been found fit for work and you no longer claim ESA. You'll need to contact your mortgage provider, if you haven't already done this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.