Lost on Reductil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I'm still looking at the posts everyday - loved the comment about Roche using talc! Seems that a few are struggling to loose and I know how that feels.

Been on Reductil a week and managed to loose 2.25lbs so it seems they are working for me better than Orlistat - I'm writing everything down and keeping to around 1500 Kcals per day - I haven't had any side effects except feeling more alert and wanting to actually get on the treadmill and most days I've walked 2 to 4 Kms - not been sleeping too well but never slept well on the other tablets but that's down to having to cope with a CPAP machine which my husband uses for his sleep apeona.

Hoping that by my offical weigh in on the 17th June I've at least lost 1/2 stone.

Seeing the Phycologist next week for my referral - will let you know if it helps.

Joined Weight Concern and just received the 5 step plan, still waiting for my report.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work. :lol:

Jane

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Please do keep letting us know Jane and please don't go away. I have always been helped by your common sense posts and balanced attitude.

At the end of the day, this is really a support forum for people trying to get to a healthy weight, and 99% of the issues (once you've got going) are related to how we eat and exercise and not if/what drug we take.

Ruth xx

• Posted

RR I couldn't agree more.

Many of the posts on here are about support when losing weight (or not) rather than discussions about drugs so the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

I have the weight concern 5 step plan and have read it through. yet to put it into action though but seems logical. My personal report was spot on.

Well I will weight myself when I get home to see if I have lost this week. Not checked once and have eaten a bit more fat so here's hoping.

Lelly xx

• Posted

I'm going to try reductil too!! smile im glad im not the only one that Orlistat didn't work for.. I thought I was weird... :shock:
  • Posted

HI what is weight concern? Looked it up on internet and cant find anything about getting a personal report or a 5 step plan.

Thanks

Jo.

• Posted

Weight Concern is a weight loss charity I found. If you join you can order a 5 step plan file (that was much larger than I expected when it arrived) and if you join you gte a personal assessment included that analyses your eating habits etc.

Jo-Jo, I'll PM you the URL.

Lelly.

• Posted

I've now been put on Reductil and not sure what is going on.....had to come of Orlistat as fell pregnant and then last week I lost the baby so I am back on trying to lose wait. Only actually had Orlistat for 3 days so dont know if it worked but the other gp at the surgery wouldn't give me Orlistat again and simply said this is better for me.....anyone tried both...sorry to highjack your thread!!!

Lesley xxx

• Posted

Hi Lesley,

I have tried both and currently on Reductil - been on them since May and although I haven't lost a lot I've lost more than I was doing on Orlistat having been on them a year and loosing stone and a half - the weight loss gradually died down and it was quite frustrating as I was still only eating the same and not loosing, so changed to reductil and lost a few kg since May but having a hard time at the moment and it doesn't seem to be shifting - although I haven't been exercising as much as I've felt really tired and so I know that should I step that up I will start loosing again.

Motivation is what I need but my husband said we are going to Egypt in Nov so that should be a help at least something to aim for.

Hope you get on ok with them - apart from a headache and the odd palpatation I've been ok on them and it's much easier to go to the loo on them - no more orange oil!!!!

Sorry to here about your loss and hope you are successful on your weight loss.

Keep in touch.

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.