Lost sense of smell at a very young age, worried n need advide

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'll cut to the chase... Last year I broke my nose in a fight. There was an immediate swelling but only a tiny stream of blood that you could wiped away.

My nose has actually been shifted a tiny bit left of its original position, and is crooked to the left really badly. My symptoms are:

- Nose is always about 3/4 blocked

- It genuinely feels like there is something stuck up my nose like a broken bone or displaced skin

- Can only smell strong smells like a cooked meal or deodorant

- If I breathe in through my nose, I am unable to just 'smell the air', for example, If im at a garden BBQ and I just sniff in, there is essentially just odorless air being sniffed in, I am unable to smell.

Does anyone have any advice? Im scared as im only 18 and I've always related a lot and felt nostalgia through certain smells (cant explain) and now its gone, life feels 100x more bland, not to mention 1/5 senses are gone and im not even an adult yet! 

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Worried and need advice*
  • Posted

You may have broken your nose! I would

See your general practitioner and have an

Xray.

• Posted

Would there be an actual way I could 'fix' the problem though?? Still seeing the doctor! Thnx
  • Posted

Hi there,

I too have broken my nose but I haven't lost my sense of smell. I think it would be areally good idea to have it looked at to see what they can do to help you to correct it. I wish you all the luck in correcting this as it must be very frustrating for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.