Lost Sense of Taste and GERD?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this but, I have been without my sense of taste for 2 weeks and I don't know what to do I didn't burn my tongue, I dont have oral thrush and haven't had any dental injections. I deal with gerd but i don't know if it could've caused this much damage. I literally ate something one day, then the following morning I couldn't taste anything. I went to the doctor and they only told me to wait it out since I could smell, but not taste. It's been 2 weeks and I still can not taste anything. I am desperate. I've lost my appetite because I can not taste, and its caused me to lose so much weight already. Has anyone been through anything similar where you've lost your sense of taste completely, and if so did you get it back and how long did it take? Is there anything I could do? I am only 24 years old, Please help me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I have suffered badly with GERD for many, many years. I do quite often lose my taste and everything tastes, what I can only describe as watery. It does come and go and I agree it makes you not want to eat as you will not enjoy tasting nothing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.