Lost the plot!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well, I decided to leave the pills for a week over Christmas, so I could really enjoy it. The week turned into 2 weeks, then I weighed myself last week and had put on 10lbs over Christmas!!!

I feel so downhearted now, I will probably give up.

My head's just not in the right place now, and I can't stop eating now I've started.

I don't expect my doctor to give me any more pills when I see him next week and I feel like a complete failure sad

It's made me think, though, when we stop the pills, it's so easy to just put the weight back on, what's the point?

Sorry for the \"downer\"!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Aw mate, don't give up. Just remember how good you felt when you lost weight. I know it is difficult to get back on the wagon when you have had a little slip but it will be well worth it. Hang in there, we are all behind you.
  • Posted

Hi, please don't give up. I've been exactly where you are now several times and that's why I'm now on the tablets. My doctor agrees that my weight issue, as it is with a lot of people, is a mental not physical issue. He says the tablets are to help me lose the weight intially for health reason but also to help me overcome what ever it is that's blocking me losing weight in my head by changing my eating habits so that the better way of eating becomes second nature and I lratn that I can have treats, but they are treats and not the norm. He has said this could take up to a year, and, if at the end of that time I come off them and start to put the weight back on then will send me for counselling.

I do think I am lucky with my doctor, he does seem more sympathetic than some comments I've seen on here.

I would say Christmas is an exceptional time, a lot of people said they were leaving the tablets off. We all need to enjoy our lives. Hang on in there, you'll do good in the end smile

• Posted

I actually feel better after reading your replies, thank you so much.

I had decided not to bother going back to the doctor, but now I've decided to go back and see what he says. It's clearly an emotional issue.

My friend at work has pointed out that even though I've put 10lbs on, I lost 2 stones before that, so I'm still lighter in the long run!

I'm really glad I posted my message now, thank you xxx

• Posted

get back on the tablets, if you're like most then you lost a lot initially, you will loose what you put on, you've managed to cut down your eating before in order to start so you can do it again - remember how great it felt getting on the scales and being lighter! you can do it!
  • Posted

Hi Angela

Don't beat yourself up ! We are all human Draw a line under Christmas You still weigh less than you did before! Get back on the wagon and you'll soon loose the weight you put on and more. Think how much you'd weigh now if you hadn't gone on the tablets and lost the weight in the first place- You haven't failed you've just taken a few steps back and now it's time to go forward again. Come on just think how you'll look and feel in the summer when you've lost some more weight.

COME ON YOU CAN DO IT! :wink:

• Posted

trying hard - I love you! :rainbow:

That's just what I needed to hear.

Went to see the doc this morning and it wasn't actually as bad as I thought - I'd put on 5lbs. He has given me more pills so I now have 6 weeks' worth before I have to go back. He said that as long as I haven't put more weight on, he'll carry on giving them to me. I am going to get some counselling at work too to see if that helps with the emotional issues.

I'm back on track! :angel:

• Posted

Great news and looking at your figures you are still overall 12lbs lighter than when you started...fantastic.
  • Posted

Angela glad you are not so down now See you've started losing weight weight already ! Glad you've climbed back on the wagon.

If you're feeling down just come and have a rant on here or private message somebody.

Looking forward to seeing your progress :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.