Lots of Burping, Abdominal Pain, Back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All,

I hope someone can be of assistance. I just recently starting having issues with alot of burping. My symptoms are below:

-Lots of burping

-Wake up at night with stomach pain

-Back Pain

-Center chest pain

-Sometimes left rib pain

I just want to note that i am currently taking Amoxicillin. Also have had alot of anibiotics this year. I think my GI is out of wack or knocked off balance.

I just recently had blodd work and did a breathe test to see if i had H Pylori. The results came back negative.

I have begun taking Probiotics and Yogurt. Also going to start taking more Digestive enzymes.

But any other advice i would really appreciate it.

I am getting ready to make another oppointment with a GI or back to the GP.

Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you suffer from gastric reflux? I get this often, especially if I am on Amoxicillin or any other antiobiotic or that matter.

Try drinking a teaspoonful of bicarbonate of soda in some warm water. This sometimes gives you fast relief from the pain, I would say it is either gastric reflus or the beginnings of IBS. Hopefully your GP can sort it out. Another good medicine is Gaviscon.

Regards, Val.

• Posted

Hello Outhwait,

Well I do have acid reflux. Just this time is the worst I have ever experienced.

I live in the US so i dont think we have bicarbonate of soda. Also we dont sell Gaviscon.

I think we sell items closely related to the ones you listed above.

Thanks

• Posted

What about baking soda, that is almost the same. I'm suprised you can't get Gaviscon. It is big business in the UK. As tiy say, there must be a suitable alternative.
    • Posted

Hello Outhwaite,

Actually i was wrong. I got some Gaviscon last night at Walmart. and yes you are correct about the baking soda. It is another option which i purchased last night as well.

Something else i am doing as well is 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinigar mixed with organic apple juice and i sip 2 counces of Aloe Vera as well. I read online about it and heard good things.  

• Posted

Hi jha

I tried Alo Vera and it worked for me. I also read it on here myself and it is good stuff and very helpful.  Apparently drinking water before meals is helpful as well, but I keep forgetting!!! Hope your remedies work, as acid reflux is so so painful and causes a lot of damage.

• Posted

Hello Outhwaite,

Well things seems to be getting a little better. I have some baking soda before bed. Also Aloe Vera (2 ounces) twice a day. Also probiotics.I drink when Gaviscon when needed.

Things dont getter better will prob need to see a GP or GI.

Thanks

• Posted

Personally, yogurt upsets my stomach as well and I often get a resurge of acid after eating them, along with the pains you describe.
    • Posted

Outhwaite,

I thinki read some where if you are suffering from Acid Reflux or GERD that i should not be having dairy products. Well Yogurt is a Dairy product.

• Posted

I can eat other dairy products, but I don't eat them often and yogurt is one of the worse for me, especially since I really like them,,,typical, isn't it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.