Lots of changes... abnormal smears, colposcopy, gynae referral and pain...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise if this isn't the right forum and for how much there is.. (my heads all over the place at the moment!).

I have always had extremely painful and heavy periods since I started, so in 2013 I was finally referred to gynae to investigate this. They done a diagnostic laparoscopy but didn't find anything to explain the pain, but they did insert a mirena IUD at the same time to help with the bleeding. The mirena did help with the bleeding and the pain so has had desired effect up until about 4/6 weeks ago. I am now experiencing intense stabbing pains travelling from my pubic area through to my back, which are that painful they are affecting my daily activities. (Mirena is due to be changed October 2018). 

I received the HPV immunisations at school, but all smears I have had have all came back abnormal prompting me to attend for a colposcopy in 2015. This too came back abnormal but had treatment on the day.

Now, over the past 4/6 weeks, I have had constant watery discharge, often with fresh blood. It hurts when I urinate and during sex. There is constant bleeding, I am completely run down, and of course the excrutiating pain. I attended my GP office on Monday this week and they attempted a internal examination but even just inserting the speculum had me incredibly distressed and in agony. Because of my symptoms and most women in my family having had gynaecological cancers, I've received another appointment through to consult with gynae in January.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like any of this before? As my mind is running in overtime.

Any advice on how to cope with the pains or what to expect at my appointment?

I'd really appreciate any advice or help. And sorry this is all over the place!

Thanks, Kayleigh.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry your going threw this. The best thing to do is to relax. Even tho it could be hard but you will be taken care of. Don't give up. Chin up and hang on. 

• Posted

How old are you?im having abnormall bleeding well more like extremely long periods. I was on nexplanon for 2 years almost 3 when my symptoms started and when i told my gp she was asking when i had a pap and i said i never had one i am 20 so i wasnt going to be ablr to have one till next year. She seemed to make me think she thought it was cancer cuz thats all she would ask me whem i would mention it to her oh have you had a pap then i read when you start having symptoms its because the cancer is advanced which scares me. I went and got a private smear came back normal but im scared of the bleeding. My dr told me is very common for bc to start making you bleed after a while but most website say that irregular bleeding starts within the first 6 months. Im so scared i have cervical cancer. I had a ct scan 3 us and a normal pap and i cant accept that its my bc. Idk i think its cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.