Lots of new moles?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, since I've been unwell over the last year I've developed lots of small new moles. Some at the base of my skull and lower spine I thought were spots so picked them. They stayed & are sore & also have got lots of tiny spots that dont heal. The dermotoligist said they weren't cancer but he didn't tell me why I was getting them. I'm particularly interested as I have them in the areas where I have the deep, itching burning nerve pains.

Has anyone else heard of getting lots of new moles & itching with an illness? I'm glad he doesn't think its skin cancer but I still need to know what's causing my illness.

Thanks,

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone else in your immediate family suffer with moles of a similar type to the ones you have?
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, I know my family have moles but we don't have tons of them & havent heard them complain of any new ones. These new ones on me have sprung up since I've been unwell, lots of tiny ones & some caramel coloured dots. Seems odd to suddenly get so many. I'm in my 30s.

Thanks,

• Posted

Anything that I might say is purely guesswork, but I feel that if your dermotoligist has said they were benign, then that is a major step forward.

Their appearance at at time following an illness may coincide with a low point in your immune system.

I still believe that these moles have been inherited down your genetic line, but if the cause still bothers you I would be tempted to contact the dermotoligist through your doctor and ask for more specifics.

• Posted

Mandy, have you been taking any type of steroids.. either in a topical cream form or tablets? This could cause the eruption of warts and moles.  I know because that's what's happened to me.. warts that were tiny and not a problem before for years now need serious attention, I even have new ones that suddenly appeared.
    • Posted

Hi Kath, thanks for your input. I haven't had steroids, my usual meds are citalopram, proprananol, various pain killers & iron tablets, that's about it.

Are u getting better? I hope so x

• Posted

Hey Mandy, it was just a thought that steroids might be related.. But it does sound like some medication you are taking are triggering this.. I've looked up both of them but didn't get any information of a link  sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.