Lots of strange symptoms, is it possible its auto immune?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been posting in different area off and on trying to figure out what might be going on with me. About a year ago now I woke up with a pain in my side and what looked like a visible pull or something. Ever since then I have had weird symptoms that never go away. 

My main symptoms are tingling sensations in my head and scalp CONSTANTLY, but also tingling in legs and arms, burning sensations on skin and intermittent buzzing feelings. I also get a build up of pressure in my head and ears, tightness in my neck and throat, muscle twitches in my legs, itching, and major fatigue. 

The symptoms make me feel terrible all the time. I’m never comfortable. 

I’ve had tons of bloodwork, ultrasound, ct scans, mri, nerve tests etc. the only thing that was found was a small chiari malformation in my brain. It just doesn’t explain these symptoms. 

Most of the time I just put it aside and move forward but it does wear me down and I get so frustrated...

Does this sound like it could be auto immune? Does it sound more like thyroid? Ive spent so much trying to get a diagnosis, I just need to be pointed in the right direction..

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carrie. I get all of your symptoms plus more. Muscle weakness, aches and pains all over especially my back, tingling sensations in my hands, feet and legs, blurred vision the list goes on. Have you been tested for vitamin deficiencys? B12 and vitamin d? Iv been suffering for months had lots of bloods done all showed fine so did my own research on vitamin deficiencies. So went back to the doctors and asked to be tested for b12 and d, she agreed to b12 but not vitamin d as apparently to expensive to test, so I went Private and come back vitamin d deficient, my b12 come back within range but was supplementing prior to test which can give you a false high reading so have to be clear of b vitamins for 4 months, do you have copy’s of your blood results? Docs tend to say fine but that’s nit always the case. 

You could be low end of range which would give you symptoms. My b12 results were 510 the range is 200/900 but have all the symptoms so I believe I am deficient just have to wait for the vitamins I was taking to come out of my system. Hope some of the info has helped 

• Posted

Hi, the only way to check if it is autoimmune problems is to get tested for ANA (antinuclear antibodies). good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.