Lots of urine left over in penile urethra

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do any of you suffer with this? ill urinate and then have to milk my penile urethra because there will be urine left over in there. its even worse when I push the last bits out.

Also, I seem to leak a lot of post ejaculate too. I can leak 1-2 hours after ejaculation.

Thanks.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You might have what many of us have: urinary retention. See a urologist.

• Posted

its only after i void. ive had the scan and i retain between 20-50mls.

but i also have a huge amount of pressure on my

bladder when there is very little in there

• Posted

20-50ml retention is not bad. You might have a mild obstruction somewhere, or your bladder is slightly weakened. A small dose of alpha blocker may help if it's the bladder. Mild obstruction is too early for any intervention imho.

• Posted

You may have a urethral stricture, I have had that problem since my urolift procedure and had a stricture. Pooling of ejaculate and for sure urinating. Now self dilating daily with instrument they gave me. Hopefully will resolve. Good luck

• Posted

I had a cystoscope last september that showed my urethra to be healthy. But 3 months after the flexible scope I starts being unable to empty my urethra fully. I believe that the scope has caused a stricture. My previous urologist said It would be very rare with only an examination. but my new urologist wants to take another look.

It's the fact that I can feel the urine move down my urethra but then it feels like it gets stuck. This is when im pushing the last few bits out. My flow alters between 10-20ml/s. Makes no sense. I think the stricture is 1/2 down from the opening of my urethra.

does your stricture sometimes sting when urine is pooped around it, and the same with semen?

• Posted

Robert, can you elaborate on the dialating instrument ? Name, size, disposable ? Thanks.

• Posted

Mine was called a meatal stricture - right behind the head of the penis. Yes can feel the urine flowing and sometimes feel the urethra collapse and stop the flow

• Posted

Its basically a large looking toothpick- about 5 inches long, plastic and reusable . I use a sterile lubricant and sometimes lidocaine gel anesthetic prior to use.

• Posted

I believe i have the same as you. I don't feel it collapse but the flow is very weak at the end. pelvis hurts when i push the last bits out. does it hurt to dialate? have you been offered surgery?

• Posted

Dr gave me it at the office but you can try to search meatal dilator- not expensive

• Posted

can you see your stricture? does it also help increase your urine flow and stop the dripping?

• Posted

After dilated it improved urine flow and no dripping. Cant see it but just know its there. When dilating you'll get the resistance as the dilator moves thru it

• Posted

I just sent for 2 silicone dialators of different sizes from Ebay. These are much longer than yours and believe it or not, some are using them for pleasure.

• Posted

So the stricture keeps coming back? not sure i want to keep doing this for the rest of my life. I'll have to enquire about a urethalplasty if this is the case. They never warned me about this risk and never told me the urologist doing it was a trainee. They can put it right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.