Loud beeping in ear make me wanna cry

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am a 15 year old girl and currently i have a flu. And i know that because there is a blockage in your nose or something that there will be some kind of ringing in your ears when you have a flu. But this time its so loud that i cant sleep. I actually havent slept in over a day. I know for some people that is nothing, but since I have a flu its really taking a toll on my body. I'm not sure if I have tinnitus, it could be possible since i take music classes in my free time (to be specific, i play percussion) so maybe i have tinnitus, but i think this is because of the flu. The only way to drown out the noise is with really loud music. Ive tried sleeping to a movie but the noise from the movie cant drown out the beeping. Also i tried doing the blowing out while pinching your nose thing, and it only worked on my right ear so it made it so much more uncomfortable. Now the hearing feels clearer in my right ear and it makes it uncomfortable to listen to almost anything. Please anyone respond, im very desperate at this moment

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is quite possible that the Flu has caused some "Temporary" Tinnitus that will disappear with the illness. If you are ill it could be one of a few things...a blockage/fluid in the Ear, Dehydration can be a cause also. Music is a good way to manage the sound, but a little intrusive. You could try white noise or nature sounds? Is the beep in Time with your Heart beat?    

• Posted

Why have you not gotten yourself to the Dr.'s?

• Posted

Please try not to panic. I'm pretty sure this will all be linked to you suffering with the flu at the moment. 

You probably have a lot of fluid that isn't draining at the moment, therefore making your ears feel blocked and giving you the tinnitus sounds. 

Give yourself a bit of time to feel better. I suffer from tinnitus and find white noise helps. You can download apps on your phone specifically for tinnitus, it might help relieve some symptoms you're feeling. 

Flu makes you feel awful, but hopefully you'll feel much better soon. Remember just give it time 

Kirsty x 

• Posted

Thank you for responding,

I did download a white noise app and it gave me 4 hours of sleep so i am a little refreshed.

And now i am on my way to the doctor do i hopefully can end this flu

Thanks smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.