Loud ringing in my right ear feels like my ear is charging up when BP gets high.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I take Losartan 25 mg, at 8:30 am, verapamil 180 mg 12 pm, and Labetalol 180 mg. 8:30 am and 10 pm. I think the drugs cause my right ear to ring  louder. I don't feel like doing anything most of the time and sometimes I have to take another drug as BP gets too high. The meds make me lose to much water and I have to be careful my sodium doesn't get too low. My doctor says I have to put up with the side effects. I can't have a lot of vegetables with high potassium as they make me pee too much and I get my electrolytes out of balance. I was in the hospital once for this. I had a bottle of electrolytes or sodium water the whole time I was there and they wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom by myself. Does anyone know the side effects of any of these drugs. I don't like the losartan or verapamil. I don't have the energy I used to have. I am also supposed to have less than 64 oz of liquid a day.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sally I too had the low sodium experience from taking Hydrochlorothiazide and lisinopril because they make you pee too much I am only on 20 milligrams of Lisinopril morning and night 12.5 milligrams of Atenolol twice a day but take a lot of other heart meds like long-acting nitroglycerin such as imdur and Ranexa I have blood pressure spikes at night during nightmares or vivid dreams it makes my head feel weird and my hearing crazy and the pounding of my pulse in my ears but no pain in my head I have had two CT scans this year and they found nothing I just had a echocardiogram have a little bit of thickening in my mitral valve but no different than last year it makes you very tired to take blood pressure meds I guess that means we should take it easy as I don't have the energy to do exercise and my doctor said it's not necessary this actually a hardship on my heart just walking around shopping and walking around the house is enough try not to worry as stress makes everything worse I have learned that I take pain medicine Norco for arthritis in back pain from herniated discs and take something for my anxiety nobody said it's easy to get old I don't know where we got that idea my doctor say it shouldn't hurt to get old but it does and it gets scary we have to stay strong and live each day one of the time good luck to you and I hope you feel better in the future nice hugs to you ?💚💜😒?

• Posted

Verapamil is actually a calcium chanel blocker and mixed with Losartan is a common combination. There are risks associated with mixing Labetalol with calcium channel blockers and generally it does seem an odd regime, I'm assuming you have some other conditions that have influenced this. I find Drs who say things like you have to put up with side effects very irritating, let him to put up with them, then tell him you don't want to. There are lots of alternatives to try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.