Loud Whooshing in my ears?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Morning everyone,

this may sound weird, here goes.........

last night before I went to bed, my hearing seemed weird? Very, very loud piercing noises and espicially when I turned my head?

on awaking this morning the whooshing is still here, tried popping them with no avail??!!.

each time I turn/angle my head ...go to stand just even move my head along comes the damned loud whooshing noise it's almost like I have been to a gig the previouse night and the music has been very loud???!!!.

BUT I haven't been to a gig well not like for 15-20 years so no not recently!!! LOL.

has anyone experienced this? If so what in gods name is this I'm experiencing?

i was however wondering if this could be related to a peri symptom? As I have just been absolutely bombarded in the last few months wiwith symptoms?

my is there anything I can take for this? I know that sounds silly should say anything I should do to help ease this or not?!!!.

thanks all.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Morning Shelly, poor you I know how horrid ear problems are in fact I had to go to A and E last night as I just couldn't stand it any more. Ive had problems for weeks and weeks but anxiety stopped me doing anything about it until now. I have an ear Infection but that doesn't mean that you have. I saw the senior nurse and she told me that ear problems are very common in this phase of our lives, but just to be sure go and get yourself checked out. Sending hugs (( )) x
    • Posted

Hi Lou.

YES I read your post this morning,

GOSH, r u ok?

ur husband did the right thing taking you to A &E.

i wlii keep check on this.

thankyou for a mighty quick reply.

Hope u get better soon and rest,take care, 

michelle xx

• Posted

Thanks yes I'm ok but have the constant buzzing and whooshing - horrible but just yet another symptom to deal with. Take care of yourself and get it checked out just in case , Uugghh always something xx
  • Posted

Hi, this sounds like you have tinnitus which is very common. I have it in my right ear but don't relate it to the menopause but to much loud music when I was younger.. It's very distressing but made worse by anxiety. I went for a hearing test where it showed up and was then referred to an audiologist for a more in depth test. I didn't go for the test as there's no cure and have just learnt to live with it. It's worse in the morning but thinking about it now makes me aware of it more.I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Lucas.

Yes I to have hearing problems, slightly deaf in my right hear,

as a little girl upto the age of 16 had to keep going to the hospital for check ups on my hearing........

the last time I went I was again referred by my gp 

my hearing had  detearated  and at the time was told I needed an hearing aid......didn't huh what 36 No way I thoght 

was because my eldest son does Motercross and the loud piercing noises off the bikes had made me nealy deaf!!!!!

as a continuation off every weekend!

its only now (as a reminder) that I need to see a GP about a hearing aid? Have to now its gotten so bad!!!.

thanks for your reply though.

• Posted

It's called tinnitus. Ringing, whooshing, and buzzing in the ears is a common peri symptom. I get it quite a bit and it's so darn annoying. I get it a lot at night when I lye down and angle my head a certain way. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions of what you could take or do it for it. I'm sure one of the other ladies might have a suggestion for you. But quite a few of us do expierence it.
  • Posted

yah shelly i also have it ,got it a few years ago ,im afraid you will have to live with it .a friend of mine told me when i got it to turn on the radio to block out the sound it helped .after awhile i got used to the sound mine is a hissing sound ,and ive got reduced hearing from it .and yes its called tinnitus!!!!
  • Posted

I have the buzzing in my ears too. Mine really started bothering, got louder, when all these horrible symptoms started. I was told there is nothing to be done about this, just have to cope. It is real annoying! Mine seems to quiet down as the evening progresses. I have yet to see an ENT doctor, but it is on my list. I think I suffer with some sort of sinus problems, but not sure what. Another wonderful symptom of peri/menopause I suppose. Always something, right? 
  • Posted

I had tinnitus and odd sounds also went through a stage where everything sounded much louder than it should, certain high tones almost hurt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.