Louis Theroux Documentary

Posted , 7 users are following.

For those in the UK, Louis Theroux's latest documentary called Drinking To Oblivion, is on BBC Two this Sunday, 24th April at 9:00pm.

I like this guy's documentaries and it will be interesting to see what new information, if any, this particular one brings to the population.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I especially liked 'When Louis Theroux met the Hamiltons' in 2001 and Christine Hamilton was p*ssed and flirting with him.

I've had a quick read of it and he is at Kings College Hospital London. It sounds quite good, but some of it sounds like it will be a bit close to home.

I shall be watching it.

• Posted

Thanks, Joanna.  I don't watch much telelevision, these days.  A good recommendation is exactly that.  😀
  • Posted

This stinks! I can't find that this will be broadcasted in the US.  I LOVE stuff like this....it also says in my research on this that it will be followed by another story:

‘Drinking To Oblivion’, which airs on BBC Two at 9pm on Sunday 24 April, also follows the story of Peter, whose drinking spirals out of control after the loss of his dad, and Aurelie, who says that giving up booze is like “going to war and not winning”.

• Posted

I am an avid fan of Louis Theroux - a lot of his stuff is on Netflix now - if anyone has it and wants to watch. His recent stuff regarding Los Angeles (LA stories) was gritty and brilliant - especially the Cedars-Sinai episode (heartbreaking). "The city addicted to crystal meth" - I know that's not my "drug", alcohol is, but I could relate. Cannot wait to see Sunday's programme, have set the tv to record.

• Posted

I think my post is being moderated because I referred to a popular streaming service that has a lot of Louis Theroux's previous work able to be viewed via a subscription. Either way, thank you Joanna, the box is set to record smile
  • Posted

Hi. Joanna. Thanks for letting us know about the TV documentary on Sunday. Will definitely be watching it with my glass of pop!!
  • Posted

Don't forget UK people, tonight at 9.00pm BBC 2.

3 hours to go.

• Posted

Thanks for the reminder, RHGB.

My brain is bamboozled... so I had forgotten !

Alonangel 😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.