Lovan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

Started Lovan 3 1/2 weeks ago, felt great for first few days the Dr changed my dosage, coupled with being diagnosed with overactive thyroid that very week i felt the symptoms from thyroid coupled with side effects fromLovan completely over whelming so i dropped back in dosage, felt great again forfew days the BOOM - tears, fogginess, struggling to find a word, helplesshopless feeling, insomnia etc etc etc.

I’m a Mum, i need tohave my s**t together! 

I have read that it takes weeks to kick in but iv never felt worse! Thinking ishould just stop taking them.

Any feed back on your experince would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi jac I been on Prozac just 4weeks had the most awful time side effects for me where horrendous although they are subsiding little by little I feel the depression has took over I'm having good moments at least now I'm just going to stick with it as it can take time to kick in properly this is the 3rd AD I have tried in the last couple of months so I have no intention of messing around with my chemicals in my brain 

• Posted

Keep me updated Jane.

Thank you for replying, keeps me from crumbling knowing i am not alone in the side effects.

X

• Posted

Your welcome jac feeling like pulling my hair out myself it's horrendous your not alone there are plenty of people feeling exactly the same as us it's just frustrating but we got to be patient x

• Posted

Hi there I’m on week 5 of an upped dosage to 60mg was feeling ok but this last week has been horrific !! I’m hoping this is normal and will go I am now experiencing no motivation and social anxiety xx
    • Posted

I'm the same only difference I'm still on my starting dose 20mg I been bad last 2 days no motivation feel so depressed and that awful nervous feeling in my stomach is back it's awful x

• Posted

It’s awful I’m on holiday with my children and hubby and feel so full of anxiety that I can’t enjoy it and be myself I’m so out of it on 60 hoping it passes otherwise I’m gettin off this ship and tryin something else I’ve been on and off fluoxetine for 12 years so I know it works but I’m just scared it’s lost it’s effects for me that why I opted to go up to 60 mg but was hoping for more improvement at 5 weeks the thought of tapering of it and being off something for a week before starting and tryin another anti depressants scares me to hell xx
    • Posted

I am 4 weeks tmw on it. I am on 10mg, thats all i can handle whilst my Thyroid is still regulating. Im up & down on it too. I feel like it gets better in the afternoon for me.

I have developed bad Health Anxiety as i suffered a CVST last year which was traumatic. 

I actually had a moment last night where i laughed so i feel its starting to ever soslightly work. 

Im going to stick it out, after reading various feed back it seems to take about 10-12 weeks toreally kick in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.