Loving orlistat!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just weighed myself. It's been exactly 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat 120mg. I've lost 1st 10lbs! Feeling hopeful...only another 9 to go lol.

How's everyone else doing? xxx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done that's amazing. I've been on orlistat and not lost anything at all. I do sw too at the same time. I am so careful with everything I have. I'm so dissapointed with how this has gone. I've been on it for 6 weeks not suffering any

side effects neither. I weigh 14 St so not overly heavy. Any tips from anyone please xxx

• Posted

Hi emmalou!

Thankyou. I'm sorry to read you're struggling to get any weight off. I am extremely strict on what I eat. I dont follow slimming world but i think It would be interesting to read how other people that are taking orlistat while following slimming world have got on. I have only read of a few struggling with the combination. Do you have your syns for slimming world? Do you eat between meals? xxx

• Posted

So now I'm wondering what makes us losing weight ??????? Is it the tablet or the diet and the excersie.

As I'm not following any diet at the moment I'm wondering if I will lose weight only by taking the tablet

• Posted

The exercise I do really isn't alot....I hate exercise! I believe it's a combination of both for me personally. If I didn't take the tablets I would cheat...100%. Even if I have a meal with hardly any fat at all I still take the tablet as my inner greedy gremlin will try and get me to just have 'a little bit of chocolate' but I know if I take the tablets, the thought of the dreaded oily spots will stop me from cheating.

If you eat a diet with no more fat than is recommended with these tabs then if you had the willpower you could just do it without orlistat I suppose. It is interesting though I agree very much so.

How long have you been taking it?have you lost weight? xx

• Posted

I'm new for orlistat however this is the first time I'm experiencing some movements biggrin)) .

I'm not sure if I would like to continue however after reading comments it's motivate me to continue.

I will check my weight untill mid August .

• Posted

I hope it helps you to achieve your desired weight loss. Maybe you could let me know how you get on with your 1st weigh in. I have read that some ppl take about 3 weeks to start feeling any effects, everyone is different. I hope you get on ok xx
  • Posted

Hi

That is a wonderful news wow. Did u combine it with excersie and diet?

• Posted

Thankyou sweet!

I havnt done alot of exercise...it doesn't tof get my heart pumping due to my weight. I walk the dog every day and run up and down the stairs a few times.

I've been very strict on what I eat and won't let anything naughty pass my lips. I take time to read nutritional information, making sure I'm eating within my fat allowence. I take particular care with sugar intake too. I drink about 3 litres of water a day.

How are you getting on? xx

• Posted

Hi lovely ladies

I have just started taking orlistat today, my gp didn't mention about the 3G of fat rule so I am really confused now lol he did mention having a low fat diet but no specifics as you are mentioning.

I am hoping to lose 9stone 🙈

• Posted

Hi lozzy!

The 3g of fat think is just what I do, you are allowed more.

I've also still got 9 st to loose.

I think the proper way is;below 5g of fat per 100g. Also no more than 15g per meal.

Make sure you check the sugar content if eating something fat free.....they sometimes substitute it with a ton of sugar xx

• Posted

Hi, 

I have been prescribed Xenical 120mg as I am majorly overweight. After years of struggling with my weight I am now at my heaviest. I started taking it on Saturday so today was only day 3. I already made a concious effort to cut down on fatty food and change my diet last year as I got married in September so was dieting for that. My doctor didn't tell me about the 3g of fat rule either, but told me to avoid eating fatty foods. I mainly eat salads for lunch but did end up having a KFC on Saturday night! I have experienced some of the symptoms (oily poo and oil when I pass wind) but only on Sunday. I haven't really had any symptoms today and am taking 1 tablet 3 times a day with my meals. 

I am worried it isn't working properly. How long was it before you noticed you had lost weight?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi jenna.

The 3g of fat thing is just what I do, I find it easier to work out and stick to and I find if I go over it I end up visiting the loo more.

I was loosing weight the next day. I lost a st in a week, 6lb in my second week and 4lb in my 3rd. This is very normal for me though, I always loose a chunk of weight at the start of a new weightless plan.

I am still 21st so have long wat to go.

I am extremely strict, but I never go hungry. It's been a long time since I've stuck at loosing weight for 3 weeks so I'm quite hopefully I'll continue.

My biggest tip is not to let yourself be bored of what you're eating. For lunch I'll have either, said, soup,noodles, cous cous or half a sandwich with snacka jacks.

• Posted

I need to start checking what I write before I send. .....I hope you can make sence of what I've wrote. Silly auto correct! haha x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.