low aldosterone URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi new to forum, can anyone connect me with someone else with

...low aldosterone results..

(these are isolated i.e. no coresponding high renin , normal cortisone)..

...someone with hypOaldersterone ?

or someone with

...Cerebral Salt Wasting Syndrome ?

i have done research on line and found NO ONE ELSE with this ...

i need help as i am dealing with a dis believing GP  and a endocrynologist who has let my complex Nuerology history get in the way of prescribing Needed Flurinef for longer than two weeks  .  

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, plj,

I have isolated hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism.  It's nasty.  You can't take florinef for just 2 weeks and then stop it.  Your body can't even adjusst to it in 2 weeks.  I've been on it for a year and it took 6 weeks to 2 months for it to control my condition.  This is RARE.  Most endocrinologists or nephrologists see people with HYPER not Hypo aldosterone problems.  You need to start monitoring your urine output and fluid intake 24/7 to make sure you stay balanced.  If you pee too much and get dehydrated, that can cause other problems.  You lose sodium in your pee (salt wasting) and if you get out of balance your blood pressure and heart rate will get out of balance too!  Start monitoring your blood pressure and heart rate too. You need to establish a baseline.  Find a doc who will work with you and get the meds going.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.