Low back and hips

Posted , 8 users are following.

For the past two months my lower back and hips have been hurting. It usually goes away at night in bed, but returns when im walking or sitting. It feels like my pelvis is jutting out and my lower back is stressed because of it. Had two pelvic ultrasounds in 5 months...and nothing. Anyone experienced this? Is it a hormone thing?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

HI Charcy

I am 49 years old and i an experiencing left hip pain that goes down my leg/ ankle for at least over a month with a pain on my upper left buttocks and left shoulder . I am not sure it is hormones but im on my fertile week and it is painful . i havent had a period in 2 months and in sept i came with vengance and heavy flow. I made a appointment w my doctor and see . healing prayers for all of us that are going thru this it is NO fun at all .

• Posted

Hi Charcey. Yes this had happened to me. April of this yr. I was in the worst pain and felt disoriented when i walked. The only relief was a heating pad and talking warm baths with salts. It stuck around for a month and haven't felt it since. Praying that i never feel it again. Praying for you.

• Posted

Omg...that sounds awful. It hasnt been to that extent, but sometimes when its in my hips it can wrap around to the front on my sides and makes me feel like its my ovaries. It gives me anxiety. Did the bath salts help? Thank you for the prayers.

• Posted

I had hip, leg, and shoulder aches for a few months. Thankfully, it has passed, but it was scary at the time. I would have sharp electric shocks that went from my hips down my legs, too. I think I had a heating pad on my lower back for two months, or used a topical muscle relaxer. Those helped, but didn't make it go away entirely.

Now, my aches have moved to my tail bone and sit bones. This is ridiculously annoying, but I'm assuming it's yet another symptom of perimenopause. Ugh.

I feel like so much of this is just riding it out and hoping it's nothing serious. I had an appt. with my gynecologist the other day and asked how to tell the difference between perimenopause symptoms and something more serious and she said without a lot of testing, there's no good way to know. I've learned to not Google my symptoms anymore and that's helped my sanity!

• Posted

I have terrible back pain when I have my period. I'm sure it's related to hormones!!! And now that the cooler weather is coming, my neck and knees will be aching too!

• Posted

It's so hard for me to gauge because I had a partial hysterectomy two years ago...so I don't have my periods. Though, I will say, its been pretty constant in two months time and I can't necessarily gauge when it gets worse or better. It doesn't seem like ibuprofen helps at all. I've, also, been losing weight...but that could be because i ha e skipped meals here and there. It still causes me anxiety and makes me worried they missed something. Ugh...

• Posted

Hi Charcey,

I have been experiencing this for the last 2 months also!!

My low back and hips hurt, and feel very weak, and easily fatigued. Standing, walking and sitting with my weight on my hips (straight up and down) are all painful. Also having same issue with my mid-back along my bra-line. Gyne ultrasound yesterday didn't show anything unusual. Had a CT scan of pelvis and abdomen in August... also didn't show anything unusual. Tons of blood work, all showing nothing out of the ordinary.

In May, I was on my feet all day at my daughter's last day of school... didn't give it a 2nd thought. No pain, no problem. This all started for me in late July. In August, daughter had her middle school orientation... I was on my feet for an hour and it was agony. The next day I felt like I had been hit by a truck all over my body... like I had run a marathon. Is it the same for you?

(I'm 49, and my periods are all over the place... last few cycles have been...

31 days

56 days

19 days

29 days)

I am not sure if it is only due to hormones, but I know for sure when I feel like my hormones are dropping or surging, I feel worse than when they aren't. Like the pain is more intense, or I just can't push through it as well. Not sure exactly.

Next on the doctor visit list is the rheumatologist... have that appt tomorrow. If I learn anything helpful, I will come back and share.

Hope you find some relief!!

Sara

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, Sara! Its all so very frustrating, isn't it? Mine hurts all day, every day in the same positions you mentioned. I'm good once I can lay down or recline. It doesn't make me feel worn out the next day, but I find I dont have a lot of energy anyway. I hope you find some answers! Please keep me posted. I would love to know what you find out.

• Posted

Could it be possible that your hips are weak? I remember my hips/lower back hurt--- couldn't drive or sit for very long (this was about 5 years ago).. But I was sent to physical therapy and that seems to help. I still do some of the exercises.. And also sleeping with a pillow between your knees helped too. It's worth a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.