Low Back & Sciatic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had low back pain for about a year and sciatic in both hips about 2 years on and off.  I just had MRI and showed L5 was herniated.  So now I've got to have a steroid shot in my spine.  My question anybody else have this done before, does it hurt?  Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have had several steroid shots in my back.  They don't hurt when you get them, no problem there.  But they only kept the pain away for a couple of weeks.  

• Posted

Have had the spinal epidural which doesn't hurt as it is normally done under procedural conditions and local anaesthetic is applied. Only problem was that, in my case, it gave very short-term relief. Hope it goes better for you! Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.